Behringer Ultrabass BX3000T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm thinking of getting a Behringer Ultrabass BX3000T for the heck of it. A 300 watt head for $199, can't beat the price. Anyone familiar with them? Pro? Cons?
  2. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Funny you should mention that, I too was pondering the idea of getting one. I was also thinking about their combo, the BX1200. So yea, I am interested in any comments too.

3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I just ordered it, so we'll see.
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Please post a review. I'm thinking of getting one as a backup for my Hartke. That price is crazy, ain't it??!!

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it looks like a copy of my Ashdown Mag... I've been curious if they reverse engineered the head or just copied the look.

please review it when it arives!
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  7. soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    yeah! reverse engeneering all the way, baby! those folks at behringer have a lot of sense of humor :D they don't go too far to find examples!!

i too wonder how that head sounds, the bx300 that i have sounds good to me. i was actually surprised to how good it sounds
  8. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    I have a six string and the BX600 handles the whole range of my bass from the low B all the way up the C string. May be the aluminum cone? Of course I am a firm believer that if you have to turn your amp passed half way you need more power. So in that spirit I haven't turned it past or even up to half. Does anyone know the deal with the shape function on these combos? I can't hear any difference in my sound when I turn mine on so I just leave it off.
  9. soularis

Jul 3, 2003
    Illinois, USA
    have you ever tried to switching it ON? bx300 has a switch that activates it, i rarely turn it off, it works just fine and I can hear what it does, it kinda rounds up the sound or makes it more shallowish when turned counter-clock wise.
  10. Post a review when you get a chance Woodchuck!
  11. surely someone's got one by now :D
  12. oh man i made a post about the heads and cabs not even relising that this post was here...sorry about that

Im also interested about so do post a review
  13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    bumparoo from an intrested party
  14. don't you hate it when you BUMP into someone you don't like?
  15. This certainly is an interesting amp and, like others on the thread, was hoping to have heard a few comments.

IMHO, Behringer stuff is superb VFM (we use one of their little 6 chan mixers and it's brilliant). Their prices certainly are super low.

They do loads of rackmount stuff including a full-blown compressor / limiter / expander for about £100 and a 6 chan parametric unit that might make a brilliant bass preamp:D

Look forward to comments on the bass head.

16. I got in a car wreck today, luckily they just BUMPed into me.
  17. aren't there any reviews of this amp yet?
  18. There are a few reviews for the BX series combo amps at harmony central. Most of the problems people experienced were with the speaker and it seemed like most of the reviewers had just started playing so I don't know how much credit I'd give them.
  19. don juan pablo

don juan pablo

Jun 21, 2003
    behinger combos do have problems w/ there speakers. i blew the speaker while running it at 1/2 power. i was playing and the sound kicked out and now nothing at all comes out but the preamp overload light still comes on every ttime i hit a note. i also just notice while browsing musicians friend that they wont be getting the head until 8-29-03.