Behringer Ultrabass BX3000T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jul 31, 2003.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Lower the volume knob!! It wasn't the tone that made me cringe but his loudness.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Then why would his centered knobs be an issue?

Actually the sign of a real newbie IME is setting knobs prior to playing... say in a nice symmetrical smiley face.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

It wasn't! I've just never seen it nor done it. My main issue was his volume which may have killed his tone. I don't know. I wasn't aware that a lot of folks set all their knobs flat. I don't. And for the most part, I'm not close enough to see other folks eq settings. That's interesting and another thread unto itself. I was just laying out the story of my evening. But again, he was loud and I wasn't the only one complaining about.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I hear what you're saying. Sometimes you can tell a newbie from a vet. ;) Seriously though, his playing and loudness kinda dictated as such.

5. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I can't count the number of times I've been in a store and people are getting tone that they're unhappy with trying a bass with a store amp, only to find they've made massive EQ tweaks. Then I'll pick up the same bass, adjust everything back to flat, turn off voicing switches and just play.

I just had this magical "ability" of mine descibed almost verbatim like this last week, by a friend of mine:

"Man, Brad can make a pig fart sound musical"

I'm guessing that was a compliment;). What I had just done was take a bass (the alledged pig thingy) that about four people had just played and sounded clanky on and made it sound full, clear and not clanky.

Set it flat. Turn it up. Make small adjustments.

Who knew it could be that simple?:D

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

He was booming in the P.A. That was probably the problem because I heard the P.A. more than his onstage amp. He could have turned himself down in the mains or just off. The room was really small.

Ow ow ow, my ears! :bawl:

;)

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    That raises another question... was he also running the PA?

:D

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Yes he was! A Mackie 404S.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Inactive

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    We're getting farther and farther away from the amp;)

:bassist: :bassist:

10. BigEarl

BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Elgin, TX
    Well, I ordered mine from Zzounds yesterday, should be here Fedex Ground by next week. I'm replacing a borrowed GK 700RB ...which I love!

If this BX3000T works out, it'll be my new "main rig", if it only marginally works out, I'll buy a GK 1001RB and make the Behringer a backup; and if it doesn't even come close to cutting the mustard, then back back to Zzounds it goes!

...I can't lose!

11. BigEarl

BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Elgin, TX
  12. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Has anyone tried one of these through anything avatar, preferably the 212? Just wondering how this setup would sound.

13. nozzlenut

nozzlenut

Jul 16, 2003
    western NY
    I have been using Ultrabass BX3000t thru a Avatar 2-12 for about 3 months now. The set-up works well togather. I have had lots of positive comments from other bass players at our gigs on how I cut thru the mix and have Great "attack" out of my set-up. :hyper:

14. Red Cell

Red Cell

Jan 31, 2004
    Austin, MN
    I was thinking about getting one of these to go with a Brice HXB406. Can any of you recommend a cabinet setup for it?

I was thinking about going with one of the Hartke slant front 4x10's or an Avatar 4x10.

Any ideas?

15. Luigi

Luigi

Dec 3, 2003
    NorCal
    What basses have you use with that combination? (4 string, 5 string)

16. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Thanks! If you don't mind my asking, how hard can you push it? Does the Ultrabass have enough power for the cab?

17. BigEarl

BigEarl

Sep 29, 2003
    Elgin, TX
    I used my BX3000T on it's first gig yesterday, and it had plenty of headroom. It was a medium - large hall and I never turned it up beyond 25% (I did have some P.A. support through the pre-out, but it was minimal.) I am knocked out about how much power this little 300 watter has!

I was driving 2 1x12 Kappa's (bought through Avatar I might add) loaded in no-name, but well built, vented cabs, and I was completly satisfied. I think the Ultrabass works well with 12's, especially the Eminence models.

18. nozzlenut

nozzlenut

Jul 16, 2003
    western NY
    A pair of Lakland 55-01s!!

19. nozzlenut

nozzlenut

Jul 16, 2003
    western NY
    I have the MAster set to about 2/3 and the Volume set at half and that was for a "big" hall and the smaller venues not even 1/2 on both plenty of headroom.