1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer Ultrabass BXR1800H

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by elavate7, Jan 23, 2012.

1. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    its all about "THE POCKET"
    dose anyone have any experience with this amp head?

2. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    anyone owned this amp? how is it with an active bass?

3. Zoa

Zoa

Dec 28, 2009
    Garbage.

4. I tried this amp at a local GC store just to see what it sounded like, it sounded OK for a $150 new amp. Nothing great about it.
    For the same price range, a used Hartke HA2500 or a GK Backline 600 or a GK MB200 or a Peavey Tour 450, Fender Rumble 150, and ACOUSTIC B200H would be far better sound wise and giggable.

5. Have you used that amp?

6. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    If he had actually used it, I guess he would have given some details. Just the usual folklore.

7. That was my point.
    Bad reviews based on actually trying something are very useful. Bad reviews based on... nothing more than second hand comments, not so useful.
    A thumbs down without further comment, even if he had actually tried it, is pretty meaningless too.

8. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    I know. I was agreeing with you.

9. :) I know you were agreeing with me. I Just felt like expanding a bit :lol:

10. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    soooo i shouldnt waste mt money then. theres no where to try this amp

11. For practice and playing in a garage band I think it's alright. But it wont sound that great at loud volumes. It's very cool that it has a mp3 input in the back. The "shape" dial lets you scoop the mids. Go to a local music shop, call around, check out all the amps that you can before settling on this one.