Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Ultrabass Power Pack 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fantasmagorical, Mar 14, 2005.

1. I was wondering what people think of this deal. I've been looking at it because I'm going to upgrade to my first amp/cab setup, because i finally got rid of my crappy 50 Watt Samick combo thing.
    The pack is a BX300T amp, and a BB410 cab.
    It's priced at $900Australian.
    I don't know much about the value of amps(yet), so I would like to hear your thoughts on whether this is a good deal or not.

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, I know that the head goes for about 200 USD, and the cab is about 250 USD if I remember correctly...

I'm not sure if that helps...but it might

3. I'm in Vic, I just bought a Behringer BB210 last weekend and I'm very happy with it. Especially for the money. I've listened and played with quite a few 2x10's and 4x10's of many brands and the Behringer gear held up.

At home I use an Eden WP100 preamp and one of two home made power amps. I use the smaller of the two amps which at the minute is 240W@8ohm RMS. Behiringer are always quoting program power which is about double RMS.

So the 1200W cab is really about 600W RMS

Still the 2x10(300W) while using with 240W amp is amazing how much volume it makes. Very loud and clean.

Most would agree that the Eden cabs are in the top realm of sound and quality. I played the same bass with both cabs and to be completly honest, they were not all that far apart.
    Specially with your eyes shut.

Another point is taste. You may like the sound of the Behringer better than something 3 times the price. Not all of us like the same music either.

Therefore my suggestion would be to try something that is really expensive and known as the ants pants. Then try your combo and just see how bad it really isn't.

Can't say anything about the amp, never used one.

Cheers.