Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Ultrabass-suitable cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Duncan Kempson, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Hi Folks

Just purchased one of the 300w ultrabass heads and am looking for a suitable cab. I play a Spector 5 string and am on a tight space and finance budget. Will a Peavey 2x10TX cab do as a starter cab?

TIA

Dunc :)

2. egb41

egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    An avatar 115 with a horn would me good. 4 ohm of course.

3. A music store in Morgantown had a setup with the Behringer amp and 2x4x10 Ampeg cabs. It kicked major booty. They are using the price of the amp to get the customer to upgrade their speaker purchase. In this case the customer ended up buying 2 cabs instead of one. The guy's a good salesman. For my money, I'd get a conbination 1x15 and 2x10 Avatar both 8 ohm.

4. Try one of the following:
    1. Avatar 2x10 (cheaper and better than the Peavey IMHO);
    2. Avatar 1x12 (almost the lows of a 15" and the crispiness
    of a 10")
    3. Avatar 2x12, that thing kicks

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't think Avatar ships to the UK......

A good solid 4x10 (@4ohms) cab would be nice! What is available in your neck of the woods!

6. JW, you're correct, Avatar does not ship to the UK. They even stopped shipping to Canada.

But I've heard that he's looking for overseas distributors. So, I am certain that Avatar cabs will be available in Europe soon.

7. Thanks guys. Ive seen the Avatar ads and read reviews, they seem to be excellent vfm but I ve just noticed that in the UK Ashdown seemed to have lowered the prices on the MAG range. I can get a 115 and a 210 at £200 each. Think I will go for one of these and get the other later. MMMMMMM which one will I get first?

Cheers

Dunc :bassist:

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Get the Ashdowns. If you're sure you're gonna use them together most of the time, make sure they are each 8ohms. If not, I suggest getting a 4ohm 4x10 cab.

9. Duncan, for that price get an ashdown cab. They're very reliable and sound good. But check out first, I think most or all Ashdown cabs are 8 ohm (please correct me if I'm wrong).
    But it that's the case, not to worry. I've played the BX3000T with an 8 ohm Euphonic Audio CXL112, it was still loud enough in a 3 piece band. See that you're able to get a good 4 ohm cab (or two 8 ohm cabs) to get the full power out of this amp. The Behringer is LOUD and can take a punch.

Hope that helps.

:bassist:

10. Red Cell

Red Cell

Jan 31, 2004
    Springfield, MO
    You could try contacting DR Bass and see if they will ship overseas. He offers a reasonable 2x12 that sounds great(I own one).