Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer V AMP 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by odie, Feb 28, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

I know this is for a gu*tar but I play alittle on the side. It comes in handy when the gu*tarist doesnt get the idea and you have to hold his hand and play it for him!!;)

Anyway has anyone tired one of these?? How do they compare to the Line 6 version?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I found it twice as good as the POD, but not half as good as a Sans Amp. I'm one of those guys that thinks digital is OK for time based effects but really blows at OD, distortion, tube fatness and or phatness, warmth etc. The folks who think digital is OK for that really seem to love it though. :meh:

3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx Bliss. Our guitarist uses a Flextone. It surprises me how good it sounds.

I just need something cheap to run a decent sound into a Tascam 788 hard disk recorder. I could mic up my amp but that involves work and cords etc. and I record in the living room.

But better than a POD??!! really wow!! They are cheap only $120 for the Behringer and $299 for the old POD.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Don't get me wrong, the POD has better construction, more features etc. I just think it sounds like garbage. Factoring in the excessive cost of the POD, it gets a poor review from me. I eventually bought a Sans Amp Tri AC for about 140$.