Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer V tone BDI21

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superfly, Jul 1, 2005.

1. superfly

superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    I ordered and recieved a Behringer BDI21 from Music123.

I know Behringer is not in high regard around here, especially the new effects, but I figured for $29.99 + $6 shipping is was worth a try.

I've only fiddled with it for an hour or so, but it seems alright for the price.

It fattens up and warms up the tone just like a Sansamp. The extra noise is minimal like the Sansamp, nothing excessive.

The controls don't seem to have as much "minute" effect on the sound as the Sansamp, but it works.

The drive knob doesn't seem to have get as dirty as the Sansamp, but enough for me.

Overall it seems to do the job for my "hobbiest" needs.

Yes, I had a Sansamp BDDI for a while so I do know about "the real deal" and I can compare the two.
    I ended up taking the Sansamp back for a refund because at the time I had a MM Sterling, and it didn't seem to work well with the active electronics of the Sterling.(too much hiss and signal).

I will admit that the Sansamp is the "real deal" and superior to the Behringer, but the Behringer is so inexpensive and worth a try. It makes one wonder why the Sansamp is so expensive? I know, USA made, but so what? I drive a Toyota van after numerous attempts at driving Dodges and Chevys, both dissapointing.

I'll let you know when the Behringer falls apart and stops working. :D
    C'mon for $29 its alright.

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I really wanna try it out; gotta find it somewehre local.

Even though I don't want to pay the 6 bucks for shipping because I'm cheap like that...that will probably be how much tax will be...just short of that.

That and I don't know what use I have for something like it, except to mess with the tone...and well, in the case that my friend's amp at church is blown, I'll still have something to use...but I hope its not...>_<

3. I have a J-Retro in my Jazz Bass - The Behringer BDI21 won't work well with it because the bass has got an active preamp?

4. basseuphoria

basseuphoria

May 19, 2005
    for what it's worth this thing rrroooccckkksss!!!
    come on we're talkin' 30.00 bucks and some shipping. you gotta try it. if ya don't have the sbddi and don't want to fork out for it, than try it!!!!! you won't regret it.

5. Gintaras

Gintaras Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I am in between basses and during my search I am playing a Squier precision 5. This box really gave my inexpensive bass some great sounds. I am using a Hartke B90 and between the shape knob and the BDI21, it easily gives me 30 bucks of value. I even jam'd with some acoustic guys and took my Peavey Microbass and got a variety of nice tones.

It's always great to hear from people making inxexpensive gear sound good.

6. Yup, a SANSAMP copy by Behringer, anyone tried it out? - I was thinking of a sansamp after what everyone on here's said about them (UNTIL I saw the price of the bloody things...) this copys only 40 quid on ebay though...

7. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    hey man, if you do a search you'll find reviews....