Behringer Warranty

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassbully43, Aug 16, 2005.

1. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    O.K. i am the king of finding off brand items in everything i do from playing bass to bass fishing. I have found good quality items that beat or perform as well as top name brands for $$$ less ....hey i play an SX. BUT i was at GC on monday and saw a Behringer stack they had set up.It had the 300 megabass head and i said to the guy working with me ...hey how do they sell? He said we can't keep them in stock and the new 450 watt head ( I think) has been highly requested as well. The problem he points out is the warranty it is only 30 Days...on their items!!!!!!!!!!! I kid not he said we GC sell our warranty witht em alot. 30DAYS gotta be joking my toothbrush has a longer warranty...i have read Behringer threads here and never seen anyone say this...hope this has not been covered before...but jezz whats the deal do they really think they stand behind their gear? Glad i went GK ..great warranty.
  2. behringer is the walmart & microsoft of music gear.
  3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Probably did the right thing. My GK stuff has been bullet proof.
  4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    The warranty is not 30 days; on their website, it's stated as one year.

Getting warranty service from Behringer might be rather difficult, but that's what is on paper.....
  5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Gee, GC understating a warranty so they can sell more of their own? Say it ain't true!

GC and Behringer are a match made in heaven.
  6. My Behringer BX3000T head carries the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Plus, my local music shop gave me a 14 month, no-bull replacement warranty for free, so if I have problems I just take it back to them. We have a GC here in town, but I don't mess with them..
    I don't know what GC is pullin' over there, but 30 days doesn't sound right..

7. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004

i hope that you have documentation stating that your guitar shop will fullfill their bargain
  8. the warranty issue could just be the arrangement that GC made with Behringer. GC buys Behringer product at a discounted price because they don't buy the warranty with it. This does two things for GC,, they get to sell that stuff cheaper, AND, they get to sell their probably overpriced extended warranty packages (where everyone retailer KNOWS all the profit lies)...

the BRICK in Canada did this with RCA televisions (and still does).. RCA used to have 3 year p/l warranty on all their sets,,, EXCEPT if you bought it at the BRICK,, they only had 90 day...
    those RCA sets would sell 75 to 100 dollars less at the brick than what any other retailer could do (ie below their cost),,,

the kicker came for the customer who would drive to the city to buy this huge bargain,, if/when it needed warranty work,, it could only be done through the brick as RCA would not all it's authorized repair centers to touch the stuff.

btw,, the Brick is one of canada's 'mega' stores so to speak,,

so.. that may be why GC only claims a 30 day warranty on Behringer stuff..
  9. *edit*

so guitar center is walmart and behringer is microsoft :smug:
  10. bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    This is also what i was wondering. does GC get the warranty sells thru them for the profit? The problem is if you bought it from anyone but GC you get a from GC 30 days but you can extend it thru them for more money....sounds fishy and wonder ifs it legal?
    Would someone who bought a Behringer product from GC comment and ask them if this is true? If it is i wouldnt tell a repair shop i got it from GC if i didnt buy the extended warranty. I dont know why the sales dude would tell me this ..he didnt know i was buying or not...i told him after he told me of the bad warranty i bought a GK and he said ...good!
  11. Of course.. :smug:

12. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Behringer products have a one year warranty, give an extra year warranty for free on a lot of Behringer items.

And getting warranty service from Behringer is very easy, and their customer service for me has been top notch.