Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spikyhedgehog, Jan 17, 2005.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    My BX3000T has been pretty good to me, it's only in use as my back up now but I still would depend on it to be my main amp, which I did for about 8 months with no problems.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I bought the 30 watt combo for quiet practicing in the house. It was so cheap, price wise, that I plan to walk it to the curb when it dies. Been waiting two years. It gets used all the time now by my daughter who is learning bass.

It does what I want it to do. Is it cheap? Yes. Is it poorly made? It's still playing. Is it robust? No.

3. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    No, no! Please don't go to the feared way of... "Behringer bashing thread"! NO! PLEASE! :)

ANDRUCA

P/S: My Behringer products are absolutely fine but I sincerely fear to step into their cabinets.

4. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    I was looking at those cabinets also (couldn't wait and bought Hartke instead). I believe you can't find any reviews due to them just becoming available in December.
    Just because something is inexpensive doesn't mean it is poorly made. Peavey 20 years ago was what Behringer is today. Peavey stuff was much less expensive than the others and was looked down upon by many of the "gear geeks". Alot of that "cheap Peavey" stuff is still in circulation today. At 200 bucks take a shot, if it is not what you like, it will be easy to move, after all there are more people out there with 175 bucks to blow on used gear than $1000 in disposable income.
    I bought a used BX3000T head that gets played through at least an hour each day for the last 6 months and has preformed flawlessly.

5. Waabs

Waabs Employee, Musical Instrument Retail

Aug 1, 2004
    Australia
    I played the aluminium coned Behringer 8x10. Overall I was pretty impressed. Unfortunately I couldn't give it a really good test because it was unbelievably loud. Basically I had to have the 250W amp I was running into it as close to just off being as quiet as possible because if I didn't the cab was blowing my socks off.

I didn't like the basic tone of the cabinet. It seemed to be a little mushy on the low end and overall just didn't inspire - that's not to say that it can't do the job. I'm pretty critical on the tone because I'm used to much higher end equipment. In terms of other cabinets down the lower end of the pool it's every bit as good in terms of tone. The cheapo no name head that I was playing into it probably didn't help.

It's priced the same as a medium low priced 4x10 and is excellent value. I really disliked the aluminium coned behringer 2x10 but the 8x10 impressed me much more.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021