Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Emperor !!!, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor !!!

Emperor !!!

Mar 17, 2005
    what do you think of the Behringer BX3000T head, does anyone here recommend it?

I've heard wonders about it!!

2. Particle Man

Particle Man

Aug 24, 2004
    I'd advise you to do a search on this.

I will now duck and cover...

3. Welcome. Your best bet is to do a search. This topic is often "discussed" here.

Mike

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  5. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    DUCK AND COVER!!!!!!

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I've never played any Behringer products, but I'd advise you to be very specific about where you heard these wonderful comments, because people here have some very strong opinions about the way that Behringer does business.

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That's a GREAT song

Ray

8. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Yeah :hyper: Another Behringer thread.

9. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I've got it, for the money its good. but behringer has been known to copy products and reselling them for less. So if you're big on the morals...you may want to look for other stuff. If you're cheap like me, get it...

I got a Kustom Groove head now, much much better than that behringer

10. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I would advise against buying anything made by Behringer. Their super cheap prices and one-off versions of other peoples' designs aren't as great of deals as they would appear. You can find much better gear for comparable prices if you look around. Ashdown, Peavey, Fender and Carvin all come to mind. Also, check out used markets. Great deals are there if you look close enough. If you don't value your soul and want to be damned straight to hell, buy Behringer, just don't post it here.

11. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    From someone that has one and uses it on a regular basis.

Pros- nice tones and ample power for most situations. Cost

Cons- Ethics and possible reliabilty issues.

Time and time again people respond to these B threads but few people have actually tried or use the products. Try for yourself and see if you like it. If not don't get it. If the ethics issues bother you don't get it. I don't believe in telling people how to spend their hard earned money. But for those that are hard up for gear and don't have the cash I would suggest try it out. You may be surprised. :bag:

12. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    If it gets "your sound" then buy it. I own it and it works well. I bought mine used ($150 looked brand new, still in box) and it gets used everyday with no problems so far (7+ months). If you like how it sounds then it is for you. From a reliability stand point, I have not found anyone with a complaint about this head.
    As an owner of this product I can say that I have been very happy with it and would buy it again.

13. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Hard up for gear and not having cash are not viable excuses for buying Behringer's products. It has been said before....and much better.....but there are numerous companies that offer great gear at competitive prices.

14. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    Why are they not viable?

15. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    "Excuses"?

Is this grammar school?

:meh:

16. easy

easy

Mar 16, 2005
    seattle
    I play with a B BX3000T, through a WM 15 and a WM 2x10

Compared to nothing, it sounds great. compared to the Ampeg BA115 combo I used before I got my stack... the B leaves a lot to be desired, which is why I just purchased the SWR 350X (waiting for delivery)

That said, the B was cheap, and got me started with decent power. and I mean CHEAP

I doubt that I'll ever buy a B product again, but it certainly served its purpose

17. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    QUACK!!!!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself . . .) :p

18. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    Actually, a better quesiton is what would be a viable excuse, because as worded it sounds like there would be one :)

Out of curiousity then, what WOULD be a viable excuse?

The company may be crappy but the products are good. Alot of everyday products are like this.

Examples: Harley. man, awesome motorcycles. I have issues with how the company sells their product. Hence when I own a Harley it will be used so my money doesn't go to Harley, but it isn't going to stop me from owning one.
    Microsoft. How many of you are using Windows. You know what microsoft has done as a company and you still use Windows ?? You know how much software patents microsoft obtained with questionable business practices. But I still use it (but I use OS X and linux too).

It sucks, but unfortunately that is life. You can either move on or let it bug you.

I've heard them from HERE?

I think it is funny people think that in this community. Look at how many pbass and jazz bass knockoffs there are that people suggest. Look at how many effects knockoffs there are that people suggest. There's a great example of products getting copied all the time. Many distortions are the same circuit design, just different values of componant parts.

I'm getting a BX3000T because it is cheap. I'm just starting with bass, I don't want to spend much until I get into it.

You know how this community has the expression "Got G.A.S.?" Well, I will get something better when that occurs.

Hehe, funny note. In the motorcycle world we get CLAP. :smug: Chrome, Leather, And Parts.

19. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    The Behringer head is a copy of the Ashdown. Sounds just as good for alot less. Never a problem. 149 bucks at zzsound!
    Then buy an 8-10 Legion Sound bottom from Steelsound for 300 bucks. The best amp out there for the money, sounds great, lows and highs. I love mine. Where else can you get all that power , and good sound for less???

20. SirPoonga

SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005
    Warning though, prepare to wait. I've been on backorder for about a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.