Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groove100, Apr 15, 2005.

1. groove100

Jan 22, 2005
    have any of you experienced playing with a behringer bx600 ultrabass? please list any comments on it... Im planning to get one.. thank you
  2. I hope you have your seat belt on!!! Your in for a rollercoaster ride!

Don't ask, you'll see what I mean.

3. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I think we need a sticky warning newbies to be careful when the B word....or Wish...or Ed Roman...
  4. Yep I think your right.

Hey Groove100, in all fairness to you, I guess you should be worded up on what were on about.

Gee, how do I say this without setting off a detonator and getting this thread all up *hit creek again and yet another person just wanting a simple honest reply about a amp etc.

The short of it, every time someone asks about Behringer there is a major debate about the politics of the gear.

It's really hard to get a straight answer. Very sad but true.

I have a 2x10 of theirs, it sounds fine, hasn't broke down, cost very little and does the job no problem.

I can say anything about the BX600 because I've never owned or even heard one.

Just don't get too down if people on here hijack your question into a full on political debate.

Then again, everyone on this thread might freak us out and be a little more respectful to you. We can only hope. :)

Best of luck.
  5. Forget about the inevitable politics you'll see here ;)

Run a search here on Behringer and decide for yourself whether you want to support them after reading about their business practices.

I own a BX600 combo.

As for the amp itself, for the price. I'm happy enough.

I use it as a practice amp - that's really about all I'd do with it in all honesty. It does fill that role pretty well, and serves it's purpose practicing at home in my study.For the $300 (AUD) I paid for it, it's good value.

You might get away using it for rehearsals in a fairly quiet band situation - but it's not a gigging amp. I inititally thought it might even do for a quiet gig - but after getting to know it, I realise it won't.

IMHO the shape feature on it is pretty much useless - you can dial in a broad range of useful tones with the four band EQ - I've never bothered with shape. The single 12" driver is fine. Not amazing, but fine for a budget amp.

I don't use tape in, pre amp out or power amp in, bit the line-out is usefull for recording my playing on a second sound card in my PC. Certainly not quality recording, but enough to give me a good opportunity to review my playing.

In hindsight, knowing what I know now....would I buy it again?

hhmmmm....probably not - I should really have bought the smaller Warwick Blue Cab 30 I was considering also. It is a much nicer practice amp at around the same price, although smaller at 30W. I thought the bigger 60W of the Behringer may have been more versatile, but that was wishful thinking. I would still have needed a bigger amp as well either way. In my study, the BX600 rarely gets turned up past 4. The Warwick Blue Cab 30 would have been ample.

Anyway, that's my opinion. ;)

Go check it out yourself.
  6. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I remember my very first post on was a question about Behringer, wow, I'll never make that mistake again :)
  7. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I can tell you that I have used several Behringer products and have not had a single problem with them. I use one of their Virtualizer effect unit , a feedback destroyer and EQ set up in a rack system at my church. They have been effective and trouble free.

You get a lot of negative comments about them in here because Behringer uses some questionable business practices. Be prepared to here about them.

As a starter amp or practice amp the behringer will probably be fine. I looked at them a year ago but I bought an Ibanez Soundwave 65 intstead. It sounded better and looked like a better quality amp. It was about $30.00 more than the Behringer. If you want a cheap practice amp you should check one out.
  8. Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    I own one. Have had it for 2+ years and think it's a good amp.
  9. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    ... save your warranty card and sales receipt ;)
  10. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Besides being a Behringer, is it also a combo amp? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
  11. Yes, the Behringer BX600 is a 1x12 60W combo.

12. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Behringer gear works nicely.
    They should, since they are reverse engineered from the very best! Their power amps are QSD designs and their mixers are Mackie, to grab two examples.
    Then they have the most competent chinese slave camps to make them, so they come at very low prices.

There you have the three bases of Behringer. Political? Not at all.
  13. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I have the BX600 sitting in peices in the corner of my room.

The speaker was the most annoying thing Ive ever played through. It wasnt blown, but it rattle uncontrollably no matter what I did.

The EQ was pretty harsh and wasnt too helpful for finding a good sound.

The shape knob was neat, lets you dial in any sound really fast.

All I have to say get what you pay for (didnt they just jack up their prices too?)
  14. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I used to have a Behringer head, and it worked fine, never had a problem with it. A bit of noise when I turned treble fully open, but besides that, no problems whatsoever. I traded it with someone for something that sounds better.