Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fuzzybuzzy, May 31, 2005.

1. fuzzybuzzy

fuzzybuzzy

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm looking for a new amp around 100-200 watts. My price range is 200-300. I was wondering if Behringer was good. If so please list what model and whats good about it. If not please tell me what brand, what model, and whats good about it. Thanks. :bassist:

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've been playing one for a few months (trying to save for something with more wattage). For the money the BX3000T has satisfied me. I do need more power though. I've heard these heads have given some people problems. I've not experienced that yet. Mine has served well.

3. Please, please please do a search. No offense, but there HAS to be like 400 threads like this.

:bassist:

4. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    +1 on the search! We don't need another one of these threads!:rolleyes:

5. I'm using a BX1200 Ultrabass I got new a couple of years ago, and I have been very satisfied with it. I've read a few ugly things about Behringer since, and their corporate ethics may stink, but the unit I bought is well built, trouble-free, sounds good, and has a lot of very useful features for the price range. Of course not everyone seems to have had a good experience. This company has managed to piss off a lot of folks .

6. Look into a second hand peavey firebass or Max700 (same thing really), ive seen them go on ebay, looking brand new for about 300

7. Spanky2112

Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    If you go to their site, you'll see an array of new bass combos coming out for little $$ with great power. I believe in the second or third quarter. I have their BX600 and have no probs. for over 2 years. Sounds good too!

8. dbaser

dbaser

Jan 22, 2005
    Mobile, AL
    I have the BX3000T, BA115 and BA210. I don't use my Hartke 3500 and my Avatars anymore. The Behringer is loud and punchy. I will have to say that the Avatars did sound sweet with the Behringer head, but I like the punch and attack of these aluminum cabs. Try out one of these heads... and make your own decision.

9. ironfist

ironfist

Feb 5, 2000
    Just an FYI - There's a used Behringer BX3000T head on the Harmony Central classifieds right now.

For $200-300, I'd recommend finding a used Peavey Mark VIII XP series. This was Peavey's flagship bass head in the early/mid 90's and is still quite a contender. It's got tons of features such as a built in compressor, crossover, chorus, and 9 band graphic EQ. It's very conservatively rated at 350 watts @ 4 ohms and is also 2 ohms stable (600 watts @ 2 ohms). It's a heavy beast but it puts out a ton of volume.