Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer's shape knob

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wRaith, Sep 19, 2005.

1. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I've bought a Behringer amp (don't start :p ) and want to know exactly what the shape knob does. How does it change the tone? Can it be used fo distortion/overdrive etc or other special effects? The amp arrives on Friday and I'd like to know about this feature before it gets here.

Thanks guys.

2. It is a midrange frequency control designed to quickly give you the voice of your tone. I would set everything flat and dial this in first before I went to the other EQ functions. I've never used their amps so I can't comment specifically on it's effectiveness.

3. wRaith

wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    So what does that mean?

Sorry, I'm a noob.

4. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    just think of it as shifting the frequency response of the tonestack a little...

what does it do? it makes you sound better by letting yu have more control over your tone.

5. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    The shape knob controls a filter that "shapes your midrange".
    The frequency range is 120hz to 1.2khz. So if you want to change your shound on the fly or play with multiple basses, you can set your sound without it on then turn it on with the accompanying footswitch. Great way to change your sound midsong.