Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

being a bassist has...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jjtsucka, Jan 28, 2006.

1. jjtsucka

jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    made my musical horizons expand beyond what I could have ever thought had I not started playing bass while yes I am still a bit drunk at this point I think one of my favorite things about being a bass player is what I've learned to appreciate. I think it is unique amung us bass players that were are inheritly open to a vast aray of music sure we all have our favorites but I think we share a certain appreciation for music that most of our more glory hoggish musical counterpart arent so in tune to.
    so I'd like to know from the rest of you what has being a bass player taught you about music life or whatever else. I've learned more on this forum than any other I've been on so I'd like to learn some more. so out with it what do you love about being what we all are!!!

2. I hate bass, I wish I played guitar.

:p :bag:

3. ehm... theres many things i like...
    but one thing i dont like is, once people find out im black and play bass, they put me on this pedastool, and expect these things from me... im a good player, but nowhere near what people expect... its VERY annoying. And I Know because people have said "You are black, you gotta be groovy as hell"

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You also live in Pittsburgh! Groovy capital of the world. :D :D

-Mike

5. ^ AHAHAHAHAH. Home of Poogie Bell (Marcus Millers Drummer) and Micheal Keaton (Batman!)

6. jjtsucka

jjtsucka

Aug 31, 2004
    have you seen that episode of South Park when they start a band and make Token play bass he'd never touched one but was amazing right away lol racial stereotypes make funny :D but i can see how it'd piss you off

7. Gotta love when posts have that in the first few sentences

btw I just love how it kills my spare time

8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    This is like the third thread that I've done this too...

Being a bass player has really opened my eyes to the amount of people who post threads in the wrong forum. :D

Seriously though, its made me discover a ton of new bands, and has also helped me two realize the importance of every member of a band, and that this is why zeppelin is better than AC/DC.

Friend of mine the other day said bass was easier than guitar, and then later in the conversation said that he had never played bass. it was on msn, next chance i get im gonna rip into him hardcore. Guitarists :rollno:

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1