Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

being a teenager..........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dr_love2112, Oct 14, 2005.

1. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    it really really sucks.....first my parents tell me i have to get a job because the stuff i want (basses, electronics, ect) they arent going to buy. so i got a job, i bring in about 600 a month, and well i have my own bank account, and well yea i have cell phone bill and car insurance but sence i was first bitten buy the bass buy i wanted a rick so i started to save, well now i have more than enough and they tell me that i should save my money (and i guess not buy the things i want). so they flipped when i bought me a new geddy lee jazz bass and a new g/k head. now i want a new motorola razr (my dad just got one) and they flippen out about that now. i used to have a 64 galaxie and well any time i spend more than $5 on it they would flip so i sold it. it seems like the things that i buy and dont tell them about they never notice, well i tried that with my geddy. what should i do???? i got this job so i can buy me stuff that i want, but it seems like they dont want me to spend my money, but when they need a loan they dont care if i "spend" money, i dont understand please help me!!!!!!!!!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    stop bitching. you live under their roof.

3. I wish I saved

4. dr_love2112

dr_love2112

May 28, 2005
    baytown texas
    yes i can save and get a bass but i have to ask to pretty much ask to buy anything. but my mom maily needs money from me, and my dad goes out buys fancy things and wont let me when i have plently of money for them. like at gc theres a sbk hardshell case there for 60 plus tax it just had a scratch on the case and well i called my parents to tell then that i was going to be a few mins late for supper they said ok but i told then why and they flipped out and told me not to buy it and come right home. i jsut dont understand it i can buy a rick in 3 mounths if i save all of my money that i spend on junk food and stuff like that, but i aint gonna get it until around march if i do and they told me NO. but i dont understand.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Move out and become completely financially independant from your parents.

6. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Jesus, no kidding. I'm 16 and have a job, buy my own equipment, gas, car, car insurance, and clothes. You seem like a spoiled rich kid...just realize that your life is WAY better then 90% of the people alive. Feel lucky! I've wanted a Geddy and GK, but since my parents can't pay for a lot of stuff I use my own money often. My mom can't work because of a back condition, so my dad scrapes together 24,000 a year for all four of us. Grow up.

7. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I have this problem too. I want my parents to buy stuff for me but they never do, the nerve of them!
    :rollno:

Count yourself lucky that you earn $600 a month and have to pay only a cell phone and insurance bill.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Are your parents gymnasts, acrobats, or what?

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Maybe it's not a loan ... maybe it's vigorish. Or rent.

10. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I just laughed so hard, my cat started on fire, that's how awesome that was.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    +1, 16 almsot 17, i pay for bass stuff, car, gas, insurance, a good amount of my food, my clothes.etc.

12. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Toronto
    I wish I had a job.

13. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

"Life sucks, get a @$#!ing helmet." - Denis Leary

14. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Thank you. Same situation here.

15. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    21 in two weeks. Live on my own. Pay for my own school, my own car, food, clothes, everything. I'd love to have 600$ a month and everything provided for me.

Trust me. Save up. When you can move out at 18 and support yourself, you'll be glad you did.

16. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Being a teenager sucks because it's supposed to. Otherwise we all would still live at home and go to Jr high perpetually. Suck it up, pretty soon you will be bitching about something else.

Mike

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You guys need to back off the Doc a bit. I don't think he is complaining he has to have a job to pay for his insurance and cell bill. He is complaining that his parents tell him to spend his money on the things he wants but then they b**ch at him for it.

How does thats make him a spoiled rich kid? :confused:

Whether or not you or I think he should save, it is his money and should be able to do whatever he pleases with it. As long as he pays for the things he must, the parents really shouldn't complain either. God forbid he actually wants to buy something he likes that is contructive. :rolleyes: Atleast he isn't out blowing it on drugs and alcohol.

18. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    *Beats Dr. Love over the head with a wiffle ball bat*

I think that was the only thing missing.

19. Unchain

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    We don't know that. :rolleyes:

20. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    True, but we don't automatically assume it either. :meh: