Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Being Grounded

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gulice, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Gulice

Gulice

Sep 13, 2002
    I LOVE BEING GROUNDED! its too much fun, im like estatic. At least this gives me some time to play bass and learn how to play poker.. dear lord another month of no friends... All because i made a good friend in a man i call jack.. jack daniels. Anyone else gota similar expierence if so any advice... id ont get to go to homecoming or halloween

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    fortunately for me, i love two and only two things:

a) punching people in the face

b) getting grounded

it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, it is.

3. you like getting grounded?

:confused:

Look, getting grounded can have it's adavantages but honestly you can do all those things even without getting grounded.

cheers

4. Punching people in the face is over rated... Now mass murders, that's entertainment. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. This is where I run!!!!!!!!

cheers

6. Socks

Socks Guest

I've never been grounded (I'm in Australia; grouding's an American invention....)

As has been said, you can do those things without being grounded. I'd hate to be by myself in a room... but I'm not a male....

There you go. I just contradicted myself. Takes a genius to do that:D

7. Socks, do you notice something weird....
    We're both Aussies, we're both chicks, we both joined in Oct and we both come from the Dark Side of the Moon :eek:

cheers

8. I'm good at scaring off girls... goodie for me! *does the happy homicidal maniac dance *:rolleyes:

9. I pretty much can't get grounded, just cause I have a whole entertainment center in my room, which lets me spend most of my time in here.

And what's wrong with you, you don't practice bass while not being grounded??? Shame on you... :mad:

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Yeah, but....

:D

Loki in Dogma

11. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    The telephone and airplanes are American inventions, too. You've never talked on a telephone? :D

12. Hey, NNY, waht do you want for Christmas?

;):D

Rock on
    Eric

13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  14. Georgia, wrapped in a bow and gagged.

15. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
  16. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

So that means that independently the telephone is actually a German/Scottish invention - with the German scientist actually getting to grips with it first!! Cool!

EDIT - In fact I seem to remember seeing some programs on discovery this year that suggested that it was a German aviator that actually performed the first powered flight (not the Wright brothers!) and also that there was a German scientist that had invented the jet engine independently and before Frank Whittle (who is generally credited with the jet engine's invention!)

17. How 'bout an unsuspecting lawyer and a couple of car batteries?

Rock on
    Eric

18. Awww, I could have so much more fun with a Gia, but I just hit my hand on the ceiling fan and I'm in need of comfort. Throw in a pair of knitting needles and sewwing needles and you've got a deal.

19. Okay. I've got a Meat Cleaver, too. You want that as well?

Rock on
    Eric

20. Nah... I just want to strap him down in a chair and stick the sewing needles under his finger nails, hook those up to one battery and the knitting needles to the other and administer a nice light charge to the finger nails, just enough to stimulate the nerves then larger shocks through the Knitting needles to over stimulate the nerves until he passes out from the pain. Then we have a lye party!