1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Being Rather NEW, I Humbly Ask.....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by R Briere, Nov 2, 2013.

1. R Briere

R Briere Bass-ically Yours Gold Supporting Member

Where are the FEmale Bass Players? Am I Missing
    Something or have You Guys Scared Them all Away?

If so, How? :)

Attached Files:

2. At times, there can be a whole bunch of immaturity on this site. Women don't like that stuff. Now, if a bunch of drama and gossip were to occur on here, it'd be a different story.

:bag:

I'm just kidding. When it comes down to it, the woman/man ratio is about right. Besides, most women that play have a life, unlike us men :D.

3. R Briere

Kind Sir....I thank you for your Prompt Response. So, I assume that the pic above is rather accurate in the Male to Female Ratio???

Why has nobody started a "He-man Woman Haters Club" like Spanky and Alfalfa did? :)

4. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I'm here, and not so easily scared :D

5. See? There we go! I think there's a lot more players on here of the female persuasion than people think. They just don't flaunt it. The more, the merrier.:bassist:

6. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

And by the way, why do you describe yourself as "new" when your profile shows a join date of 2003?

7. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I can't speak for the OP, but when you've been around since before the earth cooled, like me, a mere 10 years is a very short time.

;)

8. bluebird28

bluebird28

Feb 25, 2012
    Tacoma. WA
    How can you tell the females from the hemales, certainly not from their user names, R Briere tells me nothing about gender just as bluebird28 tells you nothing about my gender (male). Just a thought.

9. R Briere

I, like many others, come in, see what's up, get offended by something or someone, go away....and return....but I never Quit. It's like playing the Bass......None of us can Quit! :)

10. R Briere

I used to be Rich Briere.....and then something went wacky and I couldn't use my own account so a very kind person here changed the name to R.......so you can call me Rich.....or R....or Alice. I'll answer if I hear you. :)

12. R Briere

There are times when I wish that there was a LIKE button in here. And then there are times when I wish there was a "Are You Kidding me??!!!" Button. Maybe they could be in the Shape of Strap Locks?

Attached Files:

13. Milk

Milk

Sep 16, 2013
    Montreal, Canada

Too much testosterone.

And threads like hot chicks at shows.

And possibly threads like these (men asking where the girls at....you have to wonder why one wants to know...)

I'd guess anyway.

And also........the % of woman who are musicians is significantly lower anyway. At least when to comes to guitar or bass.

14. R Briere

Milk.....When first we met just a couple of weeks ago, I felt bad for you; I Really did. Now I don't.......so Rather than ask where you get your statistics... and after reading THIS little gem a couple of times.....

"(men asking where the girls at....you have to wonder why one wants to know...)"

.....I'm just gonna hit the block button and send you on your way. If you knew ANYTHING about me at all, you'd completely understand WHY I asked....but you don't. I Wish You Well......See Ya. :)