being sick.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, May 31, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i hate being sick.

played last night and my throat was killing me, today my throat felt a little better, but wound up with 103 fever. still have a fever at the moment, and i think i'm dying. i'm getting used to that. whenever i'm sick i think i'm dying, and i usually get well pretty quickly. don't get sick that often actually, maybe that's why i hate it so much when it happpens.

why am i writing this? cuz i'm sick! i'm bored. played my bass a couple of hours, watched the joey buttafuoco movie on tv - remember him?

blahblahblah - my friend is the bass player for a famous act and got me "will call" passes cuz he's in town in altlantic city. another old friend was going to put us (me and my guitarist) up for the night at another hotel there cuz she's also doing a show, and she said they get rooms for her and all the dancing girls in the show. :eek: that's what my night would have been if i weren't sick. i know i'm REALLY sick cuz i don't even really care.

i'm trying to decide if i should order chinese mexican food (i think we only have that in NY). don't know where whatever virus i have is and if it lands in my stomach - i hate when that happens.

one day i'm gonna go back and delete all these lame posts, like Ed did.

someone entertain me please.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sheesh! What could be better?
  3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    it's done

1 black bean and cheese quesadilla!
    1 mixed vegetable quesadilla!
    guacamole nachos!

no repercussions thus far.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I had what you have earlier this week. I had the worst fever of my life, however- I've never had one actually mess with my head before. Now I just have this nagging cough that comes and goes.
  5. Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    That sounds exactly like what I had about a month ago, and the cough just went away over the last few days. I wonder what it was, because I've never been sick like that before.
  6. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City

had a fever all day yesterday, sweat buckets last night like i never have in my life before, feel a lot better today except for what seems to be a little bit of a cough that's trying to have it's way with me.

the chinese mexican food didn't make me sick. i'm starting to hate tv, even movies. watched the shawshank redemption last night. did that movie win awards? it was horrible!

i'm not really looking forward to today. i HAVE to go to work tomorrow so i want to stay in and totally recover. i wanna go out and do something though. am i just brainwashed from my parents that i have to stay in? maybe i'll take a walk to the 99cent store around the corner and buy some crap. can you say crap here?
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey Joe, I'm glad it's looking like you'll survive this :)

My girl and I had about enough with TV about 7 years back.... from what I hear it's still getting worse.

enjoy yourself... try to stay dry!
  8. I've been getting sick on the weekends at work. And being sick at work sucks because I am nearly anckle deep in half eaten food all the time(yes I am a dishwasher). But it only really happens on the weekend, I guess it is stress induced, and the gross smell restaurent kitchens tend to have, you know the fried pickles, onions, and salad dressing. It's not fun at all.
  9. I know how you feel, I have a 38.8 degree fever right now and in four hours I'm singing Carmina Burana in the choir I'm in. Hope it doesn't come down on my voice too much, there's no way I'm backing down.
  10. I feel for ya!

Was off work last week with a nasty viral infection. Was sweating buckets - but felt cold. Every 10 mins or so it felt like I;d just stepped outta the shower.....

And in to the bargain, I have a lot of bad mouth ulcers - made life real painful. I hardly ate last week, in fact I lost 5 pounds!

I'm so dying for a large curry and a pint (or 10) of lager this weekend!:)
  11. All right, I'm a wimp. I chickened out, I think my fever got as high as 39.5 or so yesterday and it felt like my stomach was made of solid rock. And not in a good way. So I called in sick on both the gig and at work today. :(

On the flipside I felt good enough to eat this morning. Yay! Food's never better than when you haven't eaten for almost two days. :)