Our school has a 1960s Bekay Valve head amp that stopped working in a puff of smoke after overheating at a concert at christmas time. I have finally got round to having a look at what could be wrong and cant seem to find anything. The school's technician said the smell suggests the transformer blew, but that would be fairly hard to do. The fuses are fine, the valves look ok (EL34s, are they hard to come by?) so we are still a bit unsure of what to do. A google search tells us nothing about Bekay Acoustics, and there is not a single model/make marking anywhere on the amp. All the Valves/Capacitors suggest it is a British make, and the handle mouldings say made in London. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful, since we are at a loss without it.