Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, 12/12 in Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silentstranger, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Bought a ticket for this show with my friend who's only seen them once on TV (my knowledge of them isn't much either, beyond that Vic Wooten plays with them)...I've been wanting to see Vic for AGES now, and he's finally coming to my very own town, mere blocks away from my apartment!

...and I can't go. :(

After buying the ticket, my band got a gig for that night. Granted, that is among the best reasons I can think of for being forced to miss a show, but I'm still really bummed...it'll probably be a long time before Vic comes back with any group :bawl: It's not even a paying gig either; it's our manager's Xmas party so it's essentially a favor. It also sucks for my friend because he wouldn't have bought a ticket unless I talked him into it...now he gets to go to the show alone.

In any case, if anybody is interested in going to the show, drop me a PM; the seat is pretty decent since I bought it the second day of student availability (before public sale). For the record, the purpose of this thread is to vent, not to advertise my ticket, but I figure it might be of interest to a TBer in the area since it's Vic and all.

Back to moping. Maybe Vic's solo act will tour here soon :meh:

2. Wow...my friend's raving about this show is making me even more disappointed I missed it. He was highly impressed with Vic's "really long bass solo", and he apparently did the "throw the bass over your shoulder" trick (I wanted to see that in person!) Even the chick my friend ended up taking to the show with my ticket said it was awesome, and I rather doubt the Flecktones are her usual style of music. And to make things worse, the gig I had to play that night was extremely mediocre; extreme feedback problems crippled and cut short our first set :mad: On the bright side, the concert proved to be a first date of sorts for my friend and the girl, and she's apparently his girlfriend now, so he owes me big for that :D

Counting the days till the next time Vic plays around here, and hoping I'll be able to go...

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Just saw them on the 13th in Milwaukee. It was great! My fiancee was in awe. She loved them.
    I saw Vic do the bass fling, that was very cool, but I didnt see his bass solo. The show started at 8. I incorrectly assumed there would be an opening band, so we got there about 8:45 and they were playing the last song of their first set. :(
    Oh well, they kicked ass. What a great bunch of musicians.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I missed the concert a few blocks from my house on 12/7 since i had to work. :( Oh well-maybe some other time i will get to see them. That's all