Bela Fleck and the Flecktones on Direct TV.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassin', Jan 20, 2002.

1. Any of you who have Direct TV, I just thought I'd let you know there playing Bela Fleck and the Flecktones as the free weekend concert. You may have seen the Willie Nelson advertisements, well Bela Feck is the other concert they didn't advertise.

I just checked it out yesterday and it's something to behold. Victor Wooten does his Amazing Grace bass solo and a few other things that are nothing short of incredible. It's a must see for any serious bass player.:) ;)
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I taped it & haven't watched it yet!!!!!
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Watched it. Watched it again while taping it. Watched the tape.

Very good.

4. I stumbled on to it Saturday night; it was an unexpected pleasure.

Mike J.
  5. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Yeah I saw it. It is a great concert. I like how they had many different players on it. Like a basson and oboe, and the guy playing the little drums (sorry I don't know what they are called).
  6. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Same here. Watched it. Taped it. Watched it. Watched it. Watched it with my girl. Watched it.
  7. I think my wife got us tickets to see the "Greatest show on Earth", as a Valentines gift. They are at the Scranton Cultural Center the end of February.

I Hope!!!!:confused:
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:( I missed it, didn't see this thread until too late. I've got to try and catch it next weekend, for sure!
  9. fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Same here. Just received my tickets in the mail the other day. Vic's coming to The Vogue in Indianapolis around the beginning of February and I plan on being there. Cant frickin wait.

10. Yeah, that's why I posted the thread. It seems they did absolutely zero advertising for it on Direct TV. I just happened to be checking that channel out to see if they were playing anything other than the Willie Nelson concert and saw it there.
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I don't have DirectTV, but I saw it whe I was in Atlanta. Good stuff.
  12. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    No direct tv for me :(... this upsets me.. dang
  13. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    when does the DVD come out?