Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Sep 22, 2004.

1. I'm seein Bela Fleck and the Flecktones this coming Tuesday, Sept 28th!!! And its right here in my hometown in Chattanooga!!!!
    Any of you guys goin? I'm so excited, I'm a huge Wooten fan!!
    I CANT HARDLY WAIT!!! :hyper:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Cool, prepare to be blown away.

3. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Just a couple weeks ago somebody showed me a tape of a Flecktones show. Very interesting. I liked what Bela was doing with the banjo (I'm assuming that's Bela). Then just yesterday I was watching a tape of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band with my grandpa and I could swear that Bela was there banjo player. Was it him?

4. Blown away????? . . . . .Heck, . . prepare to be utterly humbled. :eek:

5. I don't know if Wooten inspires me, or makes me just want to quit. Either way, he is the man.

6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Right on - you'll have fun. I recently downloaded a Flecktones show from 1990 (w/ keys) and it has one of the fiercest Sinister Ministers I've ever heard. That's almost 15 years ago! I really wonder how long he's been doing the crazy double-thumb stuff? 20....25 years?

7. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    Bela's coming to San Fran in Novemeber. I'm gonna check it out.

My inside source in the Jam scene tells me this is going to be the last Bela tour for awhile.

Could be BS - but I ain't missing it.

8. The Tones are taking 2005 off. I saw them in june and was blown away, best live show i've ever seen.

9. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    I am checking them out too, nov 10th.

Have not seen the flecktones yet but saw Vic twice w/his bros.

Should be a really good show

10. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
    I should have known that of all the brain cells and information lost to constant 411 use - tour info for Jam bands somehow escapes the wafting clouds of smuggled BC bud unscathed. :eyebrow: