Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bela fleck earth jam

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by werbo1, Feb 11, 2005.

1. I CANNOT GET THIS SONG! I'm completely stuck and i shouldn't be. I haven't done some ear training in a while and its a skill i need to maintain. I am trying this song and cannot get it. From what i can Tell it starts on a D then something else then goes to an A. (The first riff that is) If someone can just tellm e roughly what it is i can figure it out, i really just need the base/bass note

2. the opening riff goes like this:

--0--4--2-0-------------------|
    --------------0--4--2-0-------|
    --------------------------0---|
    ------------------------------|

--0--4--2-0---------------2-------|
    --------------0--4--2-0-----------|
    ------------------------------0---|
    ----------------------------------|

3. Yes! That's the groove.
    What time is it in if you understand?

4. The song is in 4/4. If you want the actual rhythm i guess i could figure that out but only if you want me to

5. Are you sure? I will check out again and get back to you

6. i'm prettys ure its 4/4 or 2/4. I think it feels better to count it in 2

7. wait no i actually listened to it now. before was just from memory. The main riff is in 5/4. all the other parts should be in 4

8. The is also parts in 3/4. It's great tune

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I think this is a great demonstration of why Tabs are often useless to bass players - so hey, there are only 12 possible notes and it's easy to pick out the pitches - but what is usually hard about bass lines, is the rhythmic placement of notes.....:meh: