Bela Fleck on PBS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cassanova, Jul 31, 2003.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    On Saturday, Aug 2, at 12:00 pm, PBS will be airing the Bela Fleck & The Flectones concert that was previously aired on Direct TV.

Those who havent seen it, even those who dont like jazz/fusion type stuff should check this show out. The musicianship is phenominal and its definatly a learning experience.
  2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I agree,

Bela Fleck is phenomenal,
    definitely worth seeing !!!
  3. is the same one as the dvd Bela Fleck Live at the Quick?
  4. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I dont know if it is or isnt. Ive never seen the DVD one.
  5. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I know they did a show for the 'Austin City Limits' which airs on PBS. This was quite some time ago when Howard Levy was still in the band.
  6. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I remember PBS airing a Flecktones concert on Sessions at West 54th. That was a long time ago.
  7. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah man, that was a LONG time ago. I think that was in support of the Flight of the Cosmic Hippo album. I haven't seen it since it first played though!

brad cook
  8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Gotta tape that one!
  9. I don't see it on Cable Menu, is it airing nation wide? and is that 12PM on Pacific time?
  10. Yeah, its not on my digital cable guide either...but after looking up the schedual (of the San Diego PBS) on the website, there's a show called soundstage that's going to be on at 9:00. But there's also Newport Jazz Festival 2001 on at 11:00...I guess I'll be infront of the TV Saturday morning.
  11. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thanks for the info, cass
  12. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hmmm...wouldn't this be considered stealing since the same thing is available for purchase on dvd? Where is the RIAA on this one? ;)
  13. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
  14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I was joking. Did you not see the wink? Man...
  15. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    That wasnt directed at you Jared. I know you were just joking. It was me beggin others not to play off it and turn this into an RIAA thread.