Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bela Fleck Tuesday

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    with Mr. Victor Wooten of course. No point to this, I'm just happy. My wife got us tickets, she's a sweetie.

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Dude, I'm going Friday in Easton PA. Let me know how it goes by you!!!

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I will! It's tonight, so I'll post about it Wed morning when I get to work.

4. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just saw Vic when he was here with Reg and Joseph last month. My first time seeing him and I was totally blown away.

Bela is coming here in June. Fathers day no less. Hey, I can spend Saturday instead of Sunday with my kids cant I?

fisk

5. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Your kids should get you tickets!! It's "Father's day", after all... :D

6. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    They opened the spring tour at the little state college were I work on Feb.26. We have a small theater that seats 550. Yep, thats right 550 seats:D It was f 'n incredible. I just can't imagine those who say Vic isn't that good have ever had the pleasure of seeing him perform. He did a really sweet tapping solo for more than 10 minutes that just kept getting more interesting as it went along. The whole time it was sweet and mellow. JUST PURE GRACE AND BEAUTY I swear the guy could play all night and never do the same thing twice. All the way from the in your face modern growl, to a laid back groove in the pocket, and everything in between, moving from one to the other and never missing a beat. INCREDIBLE!! Have a great time.

7. fisk

fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thats not a bad idea, except my 8 and 5 year olds are a little strapped for cash right now.... :D

fisk

8. and ALWAYS stick around after the show. They'll come out and meet the fans, sign autographs, take pix, etc. They're all great guys, 'specially Vic.

9. Just saw 'em on Feb 28 in Scranton. WOW!

10. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Excellent show!! All of them are inspirational musicians! I stuck around to talk to Victor after the show, really cool guy.

[​IMG]