Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Belated New Bass Thread - Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brandt Scanlan, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Well, it's been about six months since I got my new baby. It's a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones (if you can't tell, as my pics probably won't show up) in white with a maple fretboard. I got a digital camera for Christmas, so I was able to actually take a few pictures. Plus, I can also use this thread to talk about the modification I made: Series! I used a push-pull tone pot for the switch. I mistakenly wired series in the down position, but I actually like it better that way. I'll probably leave it. But I do want to switch the master volume to the neck pot... oh well, should be easy, now that I can solder. Series definitely does sound most excellent, and it helps tame the ridiculous brightness of my bass. Not that a little brightness ever hurt anyone...

Attached Files:

2. This is my first time attempting to use Photoshop as well, so a few pictures lost a bit of quality. I think I know what I'm doing now.

Attached Files:

3. Man, my cuticles are ugly. Okay, here's a shot that shows off how messy one of my roommates is. I'm also posting a picture of me with my old bass just for the heck of it. Oh, yeah, I really want to get a LPB DJ5. Davidmwilson's is really cool.

Attached Files: