1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Belated New Bass Thread - Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brandt Scanlan, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Well, it's been about six months since I got my new baby. It's a Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones (if you can't tell, as my pics probably won't show up) in white with a maple fretboard. I got a digital camera for Christmas, so I was able to actually take a few pictures. Plus, I can also use this thread to talk about the modification I made: Series! I used a push-pull tone pot for the switch. I mistakenly wired series in the down position, but I actually like it better that way. I'll probably leave it. But I do want to switch the master volume to the neck pot... oh well, should be easy, now that I can solder. Series definitely does sound most excellent, and it helps tame the ridiculous brightness of my bass. Not that a little brightness ever hurt anyone...

Attached Files:

2. This is my first time attempting to use Photoshop as well, so a few pictures lost a bit of quality. I think I know what I'm doing now.

Attached Files:

3. Man, my cuticles are ugly. Okay, here's a shot that shows off how messy one of my roommates is. I'm also posting a picture of me with my old bass just for the heck of it. Oh, yeah, I really want to get a LPB DJ5. Davidmwilson's is really cool.

Attached Files: