Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Belew, Claypool, Carey Trio

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by baba, Dec 16, 2004.

1. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Hold on to your hats, Belew has a new trio with Claypool and Carey. Check out the teaser mp3 with samples of some of the songs on www.adrianbelew.net Sounds AWESOME. YEEHAW!

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I guess it is finally is happening.

*poops pants*

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm not finding the teaser though... only for his solo albums.

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    One of the guitarists in my band played with Belew in the Denems. They grew up together. He says he was an incredible musician as a kid.

5. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    After I posted the above, I thought, Belew gets Claypool and my guitarist gets ......me. :eyebrow:

6. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    It is his solo albums. Looks like there will be three of them by the trio from what I can tell. Check out the last line:

side one is finished, artwork and all. sounds and looks fabulous. current release guess is january 30.
    side two is now mastered, sounds fabulous. (in fact, it's my fav of the three sides) the artwork is nearly done. (I designed all 3 packages at once, to look like they're meant to be together.)
    side three I'm finishing the last two songs, mastering the record december 21. artwork close to done.

my goal is to have all three records and artwork done by new years eve.

we are currently focusing on touring possibilities. it's tough, but my ultimate hope is to have the killer trio and tour the world!

yow!
    adrian

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I'm more of a Belew fan than Claypool, so I'd flip those names around.

Side note: I actually saw Claypool in the audience at the KC double trio '95 show at the Warfield Theater in San Francisco. He was really enjoying the show, I know he's also a huge Levin fan.

9. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Belew actually sat in with Primus at Bonnaroo. I wasn't there but the recordings I've heard sound awesome! I remember seeing video for it somewhere. Don't remember where, though.