Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben and Jerrys appreciaiton thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Just thought that Ben and Jerry deserved some serious props. I sit here now destorying my pint of Phish Food, and think to myself. How cool are Ben and Jerry.

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Dont have one in my area, although i used to.Miss it.

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Phish Food...mmmm...

That's it, I'm going to the store. :smug:

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Hehe. I believe Phish had Ben & Jerry up on stage once. They used to hit all the Vermont shows.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I wouldn't buy Ben and Jerries if it were the last food on earth.

6. Eli M.

Eli M. Life's like a movie, write your own ending

Jul 24, 2004
    New York, NY
    Ben & Jerry went to my high school, years before I was there.

7. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Ben & Jerry's rocks. I wish the local supermarkets carried more of their flavors.

My wife and I stopped at their plant in Waterbury Vermont for a tour on the way back from our honeymoon in Montréal. We arrived just in time for the last one of the day. It was a blast!

8. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    [Homer voice on]
    MMMMmmmmmmmm..... Ben and Jerry's "From Russia with a Buzz." MMmmmmmmmm...
    [Homer voice off]

9. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Good stuff, but sooooo bad for you. I get the low fat stuff or the frozen yogurt on occasion. But Phish Food sure is yummy!

Marshall

10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

It is or was like the biggest tourist attraction in VT, IIRC. I had a friend who worked there for a while, the pay structure philosophy of the company was pretty hip.

I used to go into the original shop in Burlington; there would be some wino at the piano, ice cream getting made outside in a small cement mixer, probably Ben and Jerry themselves at the counter, just a wacky scene. The University Of Vermont dairy school ice cream from up the streeet was my favorite though, and cheap too!

11. "We were hacking the Ben & Jerry's mainframe trying to change Captain Kirk Crunch to Chocolate Chip Chewbacca" Undergrads is such a good show. Is Captain Kirk Crunch a real flavour???

12. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    They should come out with a "Boondocks" Chocolate Chip.

Marshall

13. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Well Ben from Ben and Jerry fame, started Truemajority.org.
    I dont want this to become political. I do however respect that he decided to take an active stance in fighting for what he believes in.
    Its kind of cool. You sign up, they send you email on issues and their side of it. If you agree, you simply click to add your name. It will send a letter to your govt. rep stating your postition. If you dont agree, you simply dont click on the link to send the letter.