Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben Folds slap bass solo

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deluxeg, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I had a feeling that was him playing bass "Hiro's Song". Am I the only one who finds it strange to see Folds doing anything but piano?

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    Pretty neat. Ben Folds is the man. He is probably one of my biggest inspirations as a musician.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Nice slap sound out of that P-bass as well.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    His original instrument was drums. Still plays very well. He put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

5. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I agree..his concerts are awesome. He knows how to get the crowd going. He is trully an awesome musician.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I know what you mean about awesome concerts. I saw him at the Fillmore about a year ago (I was at track 8 on the live CD :D ). That was a great concert.

I wonder if he'd ever just make three clones of himself to play a tour with Ben on all instruments at the same time (like when he recorded "Rockin' the Suburbs"). That'd be screwy and yet, strangely cool.