Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben Kenney - Incubus Alive At Red Rocks DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RiseOfTheWooten, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Any of you seen this Incubus concert DVD? What did you think? What did you think of Ben Kenney's playing? I thought it started a bit slow with typical Incubus material but then picked up after the first couple of songs.

What bass effect was Ben using when they were playing 'Drive'? Is it a chorus/flanger/phase or something like that?

Really liked the drum/percussion solo break!

2. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    My guitarist has this dvd, it made me like incubus

I thought his playing was great, no idea about the effect on drive though, that song is great

3. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Ya I'm amassive Ben.In everything he does!That's chorus from a POD on Drive.

4. Cool, I gotta have a look into the POD. Are there other pedals that produce the same kind of sound?

dumelow - yeah I was surprised at Ben's playing. I have the Crow CD but didn't think much about the playing there but he was really kickin' on the live DVD. Isn't that a Lakland he's playing?

5. dumelow

dumelow

Feb 8, 2006
    England
    im pretty sure it was a lakland from what i can remember, im not massive into incubus, i cant stick an album on and leave it playing, and there earlier stuff is terrible, but that dvd is great, and the nice little butterfly graphics on it that you can stick on are great for if youve had one too many joints, adds to the experience

6. haha.. I had no idea what those things were, I thought it was part of the DVD production. But I clicked on it and it started tripping out on the screen. Pretty cool, but I'd rather see the band play!