Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben Kenney Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by popinfresh, May 10, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place, but I don't want to make another thread in the amps section.

I know he uses Mesa 410 + 15 with Lakland basses, but does anyone know what amp he uses? I'm a big fan of his sound at times..

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    That's the stuff. Thanks mate :)

Would he of been using the Big Block at red rocks? Anyone know?

4. When they interviewed him, he said he was playing on the M-Pulse 600, and was going to buy the Big Block 750 to try it. The gig at Red Rocks was awesome! Not sure what he was using there, though. I wasn't able to see his rig on the DVD (then again, I wasn't really looking).

Hope that helps any.

Peace!

5. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I've seen him numorous times with M-Pulse 600's. In BP magazine he stated he uses them. I think he keeps a Walkabout in his rig for backup. He uses the RoadReady Powerhouse 4x10 and 1x15 with a Bass Pod6. He plays with Lakland Joe Osbournes, Jerry Scheffs, and the hollow body lakland. All of these can be seen in their sexy glorly on the Incubus DVD Alive at Red Rocks :).

Also on his site awhile ago he had pictures of his bass gear, everything I mentioned was on there.

6. Sven Arnold

Sven Arnold

Jan 24, 2009
    Germany
    Hi, I have seen that he played two Mesa Boogie Big Block 750 heads and a Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000 on stage.

I have played a Big Block 750 with a MB 6x10. And I can say just one thing. I thought I dream. I never had such a great sound and so much fun on stage before. Now I collect all my money to buy this amp.