Ben Lindsey Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by groove_holmes, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Bought this last year from fellow forum member...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/ben-lindsey-jazz-relic-651849/#post10619525

"Custom Jazz made by Ben Lindsey. 1.6 nut. Slab rosewood board. 12 inch radius neck. Super low action. Weighs 8 lbs. Lindy Fralin pickups overwound 5%. Light relicing. Nitro finish."

It is a great bass, but I am no longer in a band and it never gets played. The only thing I have done to is is move the pull bar to above the pickups for a thumb rest.

Priced at $975 plus actual shipping costs. Pictures on the way.

2. IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    One of the better looking/believable relic jobs I've seen. Right up to the slightly shrunken pickguard. Nice.

4. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    How are these basses compared to Nash's?

5. any sound sample???

6. Thanks...Ben does amazing work. Very detailed and realistic light relic. Had a recent setup with low to medium action. Looks and plays amazing!

Not sure how these compare to Nash, have never played one. I know a few other people on the forum Ben Lindsey basses and might be able to comment.

Sorry, I don't have any sound samples and no equipment to record.

7. jmceachern36

jmceachern36 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2005
    Cambridge MA
    This used to be mine. It's the nicest jazz bass I've ever played. I'd say the quality of the bass is right up there with the best of them. I'd be buying it back if I hadn't just bought 2 basses. Classic old school sound to go along with the look. 8lbs is pretty light for a jazz too.

8. On hold for potential buyer..Will repost if it is still available.

9. Palladin_o

Palladin_o

Jun 12, 2009
    Hard shell case is included?

10. honest abe

honest abe Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Weslaco TX
    Audio Engineer for Marcos Witt
    Is this still available?

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021