1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ben Lindsey Relic Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Spencer!, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    This is THE best sounding, looking and playing relic bass out there. It's a Fender body with an Allparts neck, built and finished by Ben Lindsey. The finish is a fantastic sunburst, and it's done like a real vintage fender, not that fake-looking satin like a Nash or a Road Worn. Pickups are custom Fralin single coils. There's a period-correct Fender decal on the headstock.

This bass has had a PLEK job and full setup by Mike Lull, so it plays perfectly. This bass looks so good it has fooled vintage bass collectors from on stage. It sounds the part too.

Includes a hardshell case, tug bar and reliced pickup/bridge covers.

$1500 plus shipping.

I use the bass in this video:

P1010263.

P1010260.

P1010253.

P1010262.

P1010251.

P1010255.

P1010252.

P1010254.

P1010261.

2. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Spencer -

How are you doing, man?! I just sold and shipped that "LullDowsky" bass last week (in a moment of financial need) -- and I miss it already! I am still using the 3Leaf Audio GR2 envelope filter, which is a regular fixture in my pedalboard, however.

How heavy is this bass .... and how does the neck compare with that ungodly great neck on our old "LullDowsky"?

Doug

3. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Ah, you have me remembering how good that bass was! The neck on this one is a bit narrower at the nut (1 and 1/2" neck compared to the 1 and 9/16 neck that Lull uses) but thicker front-to-back, which gives it a rounder profile. The body is also larger (it is a vintage-spec jazz body as opposed to the dinky body that guys like Lull and Sadowsky use).

4. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Does that make the bass heavy? (I'm not expecting anything as light as that 7 lb. "LullDowsky", but 8.5 to 8.7 lbs. is about the limit that my twice surgically-repaired left shoulder can take on those 3 and 4-set gigs -- or long rehearsals).

By the way -- I REALLY want your Ampeg B-15!!!

Doug

5. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Just weighed it - 8 pounds 13 ounces.

6. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Not bad -- I have a 5-string that weighs EXACTLY the same. It gets a bit heavy if I use it all the time, but it's not my primary "gig bass".

Thanks, Spencer!

7. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Bump....somebody buy this before I give in to temptation and keep it!

8. funkyjudge

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.