Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ben Rietveld is awesome

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fret-less Six, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Has anyone heard of him? I just heard him on the Miles Davis dvd "Live in Munich", this guy is incredible, his phrasing is spot on, and he can slap realllll well too...anyone know what else he's done?

2. He's Santana's bass player now.

Blackreverend

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    On one of the Santana tours many years ago (when "Spirits Dancing In The Flesh" was first released), Benny played one of the best bass solos I've ever witnessed. The guy's a monster!

4. RickC

RickC Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    yes, big Benny fan here too. I first discovered him on the Miles/Munich video too, although that was a long time ago - before the era of DVD. Btw, those are Tune Bass Maniacs he's playing back then.

I believe his first disc with Santana, or maybe his first *full* disc with Santana, was "Milagro". Nice record, and of course some great bass as well.

/rick

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Benny is from Hawaii, his solos are always highlights at Santana shows! If you ever see the old Sheila E video for it's a Glamorous Life, you can see a young Benny in her band.

6. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah! Benny is awesome!!! Anybody has a link to some videos?? I really like his playing with Miles, and I never heard him without Davis... Please....