1. :bawl:
    I hate doing this. I love the bass. But I am so used to 35" scales basses, and my fretless is 35"... that this shorter scale bass is messing with my muscle memory on my fretless.

This is a beautiful 51 Benavente with Mahogany body, Paduk neck, and Ebony board. The body is gloss black, with ghost flames that match the color of the paduk neck. Two Benavente custom Dual P (reversed) pickups, and the newer Benavente preamp. The headstock has the matching flames, and Chris did a real cool silver inlay of the "Benavente" name on the stock.

The bass is both classy and flashy. The flames are hardly distiguishable at first, and when the light hits them just right, they pop!! It's a superb paint job and finish.

The pictures I took show lots of dust, but there are no scratches or dings on the bass. It has been played very little since it arrived last month. It's basically new, with a case.

I will accept paypal. Make reasonable offer.

Not really looking for trades, but might entertain the right equipment!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sweet bass! Love Padauk. What's the scale?
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    34" You should buy it :cool:

Henry: Man, I'd grab this if I had the cash!!!! I hear what you say about the muscle memory... That is 1/2 of why I only play 34" scale.
  4. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    PM sent............
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Yeah I hear ya... I try to keep every thing at 34", so it doesn't mess my fretless playing or scuff up on the fretted... wished I had the chee$e for it... free bump.
  6. yeah, I hate getting rid of this bass. I love it, and it sits so well in the mix. No matter how I tweak the Benavente pre. I never thougth going from 34 to 35 inch scale would make much difference, but it is. :crying:
  7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
  8. bumpage.

Let's say $1900. shipped inside the 48 states.
  9. Yep, Chris did a great job!!
  10. Ugh.... I really love this bass..

But I'm afraid it must go.....
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Aw man... too bad, I've already got my own order placed for a Benavente 51! Bump for a beauty.

I know what you mean about being partial to a certain kind of playability. I do OK on 34" and 35", but I'm *very* picky about having wide string spacing. If not for the narrow spacing, I'd own fivers by MusicMan, G&L, and/or Modulus.
  12. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    That looks amazing. Hopefully someone will buy it soon so that we don't have to see it for much longer.
  13. Thanks Cam & Fuzz... I really like the bass. Everytime I pick it up I wonder why I'm getting rid of it.. but go it must.