Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente 51

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Biker4Him, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Beautiful looking, and even better sounding Benavente 51 bass. This bass has a super high gloss black finish with reddish/gold ghost flames. They match the color of the paduk neck. The body of the bass is mahogany, and the fingerboard is ebony. The preamp is the newer Benavente preamp with the dual custom P pickups. The mahogany and paduk with the ebony board give this bass some of the best tone I've ever heard in a bass. It will easily nail the P bass tone, but will also do soooo much more. The low end is very punchy, and VERY full, without being soft and mushy. The mid range can get super growly if you want, or not. The bass also slaps like a dream, with an awesome old school slap tone. It's not a sterile high end, it does have a certain character to it... more thump and less zing... but all of that is easily tweaked by the Benavente preamp.

The neck is 34" scale, the bass balances perfectly when it's strapped on, and is super comfortable to play. The pictures I have really don't do the bass justice. The super high gloss black reflects anything and that distorts the pics a little. The flames are subtle, but show up nicely under stage lights. The headstock has the matching paint, and Chris also did a real cool silver leaf thing with the signature on the headstock. It's really classy looking, and I hate to see it go. I've only had the bass for about 6 months. I've played about 3 shows with it, and used it about 10 hours outside of that. It's just as perfect as the day I got new. Comes with new gator case.

$1700.00

Price includes shipping inside the 48 states via FedEx ground, and paypal charges.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hi,
    Do you consider to ship to Europe?

Thanks,
    Chris

3. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Congrats Henry, just shows if your patient enough you can sell anything.