Benavente B-style SC-5 nearing doneness!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jobu3, Dec 5, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    OK, doneness isn't word but I'm very excited so I'm not quite thinking correctly!

I finally stumbled across the pic left slyly in the feedback forum by a certain Mr. Barrett. :eyebrow: ;) This will be Bennie number three in my arsenal and the fourth one I've owned... What can I say, Benavente is how I spell addiction.

Buckeye burl top, mahogany body, unlined ebony board, Benavente preamp, new Benavente p-ups, piezo bridge... I'm going to be going for wooden p-up covers and control knobs too. Can't wait and from the looks of it so far, it looks like Mr. Benavente has done it again!!!

This spells the end of bass G.A.S. for a long time! :smug:

2. Very nice! Buckeye and gaboon go so well together!
  3. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Looks great! What wood are you requesting for the pups and knobs?

I'm holding on to one last G.A.S. for the right Single Cut 4-string bass. Benavente, Nordstrand, and R-Bass top the list.

I'm looking for a 34" SC 4-string new or a 34" SC 5-string used. ;)

I should not have let this Benny get away! :rollno:

Attached Files:

4. So, you're that lucky "dog" :D
    I've been wondering whose it might be ever since I've seen the first pics; beautiful bass, congratulations.
  5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I could certainly live with that! :cool:
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  8. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain

I dont like singlecuts!!!!!!!!!
  9. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Nice! Man I want another Benavente! I'll have to wait for one to get run over by a truck to be able to afford it... :bawl:
  10. Not to hijack the thread, but this isn't too shabby either!

11. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    yup, Al Caldwell's, can't wait to see the men wearing it, can't wait to see a pic of mine too :crying:
  12. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd say 9...I think those holes are too small to be where the strings get fed through. Though its very possible I could be wrong.
  13. Those holes are for the individual RMC piezo bridge saddles. The holes on the 6 highest strings are for the piezo signal wire.
  14. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

By the way, i have not really been a fan of burl, but I really like how it is looking with the clear on it. That bass may change the way I feel about singlecuts, and burl tops as well. Amazing!
  15. soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR

Man,that is SMOKING!!!!!!!! :bassist: