TRADED Benavente Classic PJ5, Price Dropped Again, A Steal @ $1400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by baltodoc, Jun 1, 2017.

1. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Price:
    $1800
    Strings:
    I have gone back and forth on selling this, but I've finally decided to go ahead and let her go. It's a phenomenal bass but she's just not getting any playing time.

Outstanding Benavente Classic Series PJ5 Bass. 59 burst over Swamp Ash body. Beautiful flame on the maple neck and fingerboard.
    Benavente 3 band preamp that has 2 volumes, treble, mid’s, both with center + - detents and bass for bass boost only and pull up for active/passive bypass. Ulyate PJ pickup set 60's bridge pickup placement. .708" (18mm) bridge, 1.75" nut. Hipshot vintage tuners. Weighs 9.6 pounds on my digital bathroom scale. Other than a few small marks on back, this is in excellent condition. I should note that it appears during the build one of the fret markers was drilled incorrectly and was re-filled. It is barely noticeable, but it's there and I thought should be mentioned. Comes in a nice Protec gig bag. This thing plays beautifully and is very punchy.

Was $1800, now dropped again to $1400. Seriously, this is a steal. Includes shipping to CONUS ONLY. PayPal preferred. My main trade interest is a Stingray 5HH with a maple board. Feel free to PM me with any trade offers.
    ben13.jpg ben14.jpg ben15.jpg ben16.jpg ben17.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Holy moly

TN WOODMAN and feschyn like this.
  3. I love this bass and actually kind of dig the misplaced/redone fret marker . I can vouch for Chris' skills as I just got my dream Low End Lej and can 't put it down. (4 string only or I'd already have this one)

4. Todd on bass

Todd on bass Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I own the passive twin to this bass. This is an unbelievable awesome deal. GLWTS

5. baltodoc

baltodoc Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Thanks. She's not getting much love and I can't figure it out.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021