1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Benavente Custom 5-string Greg Edmundson CT-style

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ModulusAcacia, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ModulusAcacia

ModulusAcacia Commercial User

Mar 22, 2000
    Middletown/Cincy, OH WHO-DEY!
    owner: J. Kennedy Guitar Repair, Guitar tech for Walk the Moon
    I'm stealing some info from previous owners Benthughes and austentaciousC...

This is truly a one-of-a-kind piece. This bass is a Benavente Greg Edmondson Custom 5. One of only two or three originally built for Greg Edmondson of the Memphis-based band BREAKING POINT. This bass features an Amber tinted Spalted Maple top, Maple back, 35" scale, 24-fret Maple board, 7-piece neck (maple/wenge/maple/purpleheart/maple/wenge/maple) with abalone blocks, and a truly unique body shape reminiscent of a mix of both a Carl Thompson and the Benavente "SCA" body shape. Weighs about 10 pounds Black Hipshot "A" bridge and keys with inset Dunlop straplocks.

Electronics were completely redone with all new "stuff" by Mike Lull. Pickups are custom Aeros wired SERIES ONLY at Mike Lulls recommendation (and it'd be mine too!) Preamp is a custom 18V Audere wired volume/tone, balance, bass, mid treble , Z-mode switch, active passive switch.

This bass is no longer produced by Benavente. Per Brian Barrett at the Low End, retail of a new piece like it by Chris Benavente would hit somewhere in the $5k range, as built by Divinity Guitar Works.

Overall it's in great shape with only a few small scratches on the bottom edge and a little darkening on the fingerboard keeping it from being mint. If this were a 34" scale bass and weighed a pound less I'd never sell it. It KILLS for everything I've ever used it in and it turns heads every time I open the case. (it comes in an SKB hard case). On top of that it balances perfectly on your leg and on a strap. Sad to see it go...

$2250 + shipping. I may consider trades but I'd really preffer to sell it outright
    0747136a9bcb490ff247af3d9311b4a1.
    190e0ad426b342520d83b23886012e9e.
    48a34e3e59566758f7d3b34a108d2ef7.
    1dea5d8f60b53d9074730e33c46ce6d6.
    1dea5d8f60b53d9074730e33c46ce6d6.
    a9b957bd7f6e0945139b1d589a18014b.

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

That's an amazing looking bass and a good price.

I miss my Benavente 5er and was hoping to get back into one this summer.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't sell for a few weeks.:p:D

3. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    I love my SCD fretless 5, which will one day be pried from my cold dead hands, and this one is maybe even a touch nicer than that one. Perhaps you can get into this one when you're ready :)

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

DANGIT! I'd have this one back in a minute if I had the spare $$$. Should never have sold it in the first place.

dcr

5. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    to the top!

6. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    On hold pending a trade...

7. Cinquez Griffin

Cinquez Griffin

Apr 4, 2011
    Ohio
    Did this bass get traded or is it still available?

8. ModulusAcacia

Mar 22, 2000
    It was traded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.