SOLD Benavente DCD7

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Symphony2040, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Symphony2040

Symphony2040 See you later darling...

Aug 7, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    0090.png

I'm selling my Custom Benavente DCD7, which I actually just purchased recently from the original owner of this amazing bass.

This is an awesome 7 string bass that ticked a lot of the boxes that I was looking for. However, I feel that in the end it would be best for me to just go custom to get exactly what I'm looking for. This bass has given me more clarity on what I want my dream bass to be, however.

The bass was recently sent in to Chris Benavente (June 2022) for a bit of work. The original strap locks (there are three, with two of them being at the bottom) were replaced with recessed Dunlop strap locks, the Hipshot B-Style bridge was replaced with an A-Style bridge for string spacing adjustment, the brass nut was polished and fretwork was done on the bass. All of the original parts will be included with the sale.

Additionally, Chris did some refinishing on the bass and got rid of all of the issues that could be seen in the finish. Unfortunately, it was slightly damaged in transit back to me. There is minor damage on the side of the body, which is purely cosmetic and hardly noticeable as seen from the pictures. Please see below for more specs and pictures:

Top: Purpleheart (matching Purpleheart on the headstock)
    Body: Swamp Ash
    Scale: 35"
    Neck: 3-piece maple, bolt-on neck
    Fingerboard: GORGEOUS Birdseye Maple
    Frets: 24
    Nut: Brass Nut
    Tuners: Black Hipshot tuners
    Bridge: Black, Hipshot A-Style Bridge (Black, B-Style bridge included). Currently set to 17.3mm spacing, but the standard spacing is 18mm
    Pickups: Kurt Armstrong Soapbars, with custom ebony pickup covers
    Electronics: Benavente 3-Band - Volume, Pickup Pan, Passive Tone, Bass (Also works as Push-Pull Active/Passive), Mids and Highs. The two switches are series/parallel for each individual pickup. Ebony knobs.
    Weight: 10.4 lbs
    Gig bag: Brand new Gator ProGo gig bag

This bass is setup up with SUPER LOW action. The price is $4500 SHIPPED CONUS. I would greatly prefer a local sale. If you happen to be in the Houston, Texas area, I would be willing to drop the price by $300 if purchased in-person. I'm in no hurry to sell this bass. Let me know if you have any questions!

0059.png

0034.png

0001.png

0019.png

0063.png

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
  2. Symphony2040

Aug 7, 2008
    Payment Pending.

3. Symphony2040