Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente Fretless Vortex 5 for trade:

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by AMJBASS, Apr 19, 2004.

1. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a wonderful Benavente fretless Vortex 5 string for trade. The bass features an amazing Spalted/Flamed Maple top over an Alder body. 3 piece Maple/Wenge/Maple neck with an unlined Ebony fingerboard. Unique combination of Dimarzio Dual coil in the neck and Ultra Jazz in the bridge. The bass also features the new upgraded Benavente preamp. This is a killer fretless! It growls in the low end, and sings on top. It has that horn like sound when soloing. The neck feels awesome, and plays super fast. I love the bass, but I just don't have time to work on fretless intonation right now. I am planning a ship gig, and I need a fretted bass. I am interested in any high end 4 string fretted bass you might have(Benavente Lakland, Lull, MTD, Sadowsky, etc.). I would also be interested in a vintage Fender. PM me, or email me at: aj_dblbass@hotmail.com

2. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Interested in a sale? Price?

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Interested in a minty Mike Lull Vintage Precision 5?
    :confused: :D

4. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I am not really interested in selling the bass. I want to stick to more of a Jazz style instrument.

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Wow, that looks sweet. I wish I had something worthwhile to offer in trade...

EDIT: Best thing I could offer would be a Treker Louis Johnson 5 + cash.

6. warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman 5???? want it?

7. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I want to stick to 4 string basses. I am really interested in late 70's Fender Jazz basses however I would be interested in a Vintage Fender precision if one came up.

8. bigsammy

bigsammy

Jan 29, 2001
    Moline, IL
    Interested in a Fender Jazz MIA '62 Reissue in Lake Placid Blue?
    Drop me a line if you're interested. bigsammy@qconline.com

-Sam

9. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I would be interested in Lakland Skylines + some cash as well. PM me if interested.

10. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Bump

11. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I am interested in selling the bass outright now. PM me with any offers, or for the asking price.

12. Tony

Tony

Feb 16, 2004
    Southern California
    Hey Adrian, just wanted to take a moment here and publicly thank and commend you for the way this transaction went down. In spite of postal woes and unintelligable employees, the bass arrived today and is if anything, even more incredible looking than the pic you posted. The bass is in absolutely perfect condition and I can't stress more how pleased I am with it, and with how satisfied I am with how you handled this transaction.
    Thanks again Adrian,
    Tony

13. AMJBASS

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks Tony. Smooth transaction!

The Benavente is SOLD.