Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente/LowEnd Jazz bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jacochops, Mar 26, 2005.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Hey all...
    I have a new Benavente/Low End jazz available...I picked it up at NAMM 2 months ago, and it SMOKES!! Perfect fretwork, LOOOWWWWW buzz-free action, and does the Jaco AND Marcus thing flawlessly. The only reason I'm selling it, is because I got an Eshenbaugh with the same wood combo, and it has become my main bass, and I have another Bene on order, as well as another Eshenbaugh, AND a Nordstrand, all with different wood combos.
    It has an alder body, rosewood board, Bene pickups, Aguilar OBP-3 wired in by Carey Nordstrand (vol/vol/passive tone/treb/mid (set at 400hz)/bass), Hipshot hardware, etc, and a gig bag.
    It's essentially a new bass, and I'm selling it for 1325.00, which is about 500 less than a new one direct from Brian (who is a great guy to deal with, by the way), and no wait. Pics are available at the Low End site, in the gallery, under Low End Jazzes...it's the only tobaccoburst 4 string on the page...the finish is MUCH more beautiful than pics show...very translucent along the edges.
    If someone could post a pic of it here, I'd be much appreciated...I'm pretty computer stupid!

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    T
    h
    a
    n
    k
    s
    B
    a
    s
    s
    F
    i
    d
    d
    l
    e
    !
    :D

4. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Your Welcome! :D

BTW, cool bass.

5. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Thump!
    Monday morning bump for a great bass at a steal of a price!

6. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Bump....

C'mon guys...this is a RIDICULOUSLY low price for a new Benavente....IMO is a better sounding and more versatile bass than the new Metros (which are fantastic basses, BTW)

If someone snags this before Thursday, I'll pay shipping.

7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    If it was a five, I'd be all over it. Bump for one one heck of a bass!

8. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Folks,
    Whaddaya thinkin'? This is a steal on this bass! If it doesn't move here, it's going off to trade....

...oh, and BUMP!! :D

9. basstodave

basstodave Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    I can't figure out what the pickguard design was supposed to do for the looks of this bass? :meh:

10. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I believe it's got a bit of a Sadowsky-vibe to it. I actually dig the look of the guard...it plays like buttah, and really screams with the pu/pre combo.

11. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Last price drop...

Get it.

12. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Last call bump.....someone step up to the plate!

13. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Sorry, gotta agree. Sure it's a great player, but, man...

14. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China

Talk to Roger Sadowsky.... :eyebrow: Seems to work for him and his clients.

If you want a bass that plays as well or better than the best out there, then this is for you. If you want a specific look, then I guess this one isn't for you. You decide.

For 1299, this could be painted paisley pink, and for the way this sounds and plays, it'd be the best bass you could buy for chump-change, regardless of the "look". Personally, I think this bass is beautiful.

Aaaaannndddd...bump!