Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente @ NAMM - a must look

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Selta, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    As per my usual daily routine, I find myself on the Benavente site drooling over the Vortex 5 string that I'll never own (grrrr, no one has ever had GAS this bad!). In any case, among my random clicking in attempts to save myself from selling everything I own to get one, I stumbled onto THIS awesome page. Benavente at Winter NAMM 2005. Look at the flamey SC! Look at all those basses... such masterpieces! Needless to say, after stumbling onto that page, I immediatly broke into tears, and had the sudden urge to pawn off everything just to get one. Perhaps I can con the government into paying one with a student loan? Er, I already tried that...
    IN ANY CASE, you *should* go view that page. Just be sure to have something to cure sudden and immense GAS attacks at hand, and plenty of it!

Ray

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Grrrrr....

I miss my old Benavente..... and want any benavente that I can get my hands on.

3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    i wanted to say i had a chance to play Al Caldwell's 11-string and it was very nice.i think he is taping the Jay Leno show with Vanessa using the bass tomorrow(Wednesday).

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    That is too cool. I hope it's not like 50 million years until I get my Vortex :(. Though it will be...

Ray

5. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    HA!

Now those are the kinda guys I wanna buy a bass from :p

6. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    I'll pass on your compiments to the primary photagrapher. ;) :smug:

I am so in love with this bass, it was worth the indignities I suffered to obtain it. :D :p
    [​IMG]

7. I'd trust them way before some greasy little salesrat. They look like some great guys to be around... as long as you don't make them angry, cause those are some big dudes.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Yup. Hippiesandwich didn't get his name from the popular nickname for multi-laminate instruments. He got it because it's his favorite lunch.

9. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Not quite. Here my is my pal Funkycarnivore and myself sharing a meal.
    [​IMG]

AMBER alert! Has anyone seen my dignity? :confused: :p :p :p

10. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    +1

11. Al Caldwell

Al Caldwell

Mar 18, 2003
    St.Louis , Mo
    Vanessa's cousin passed Sunday. They won't be able to reschedual the J Leno show. The taping will be at a later date. Thanks ! Al Caldwell

12. My condolences to V.

13. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
    So do you any of you know the main differences in the Chambered Sc's and the Solid body Sc's. I am wondering if there is a big sonic difference?

14. Man.. that flame paint job looks like real flames to me... very nice... I felt a twing.... I've never played a Benavente but that 4 sting is sexy. Like the single cut too. Awesome looking bass.

15. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I was fortunate enough to meet Brian and Chris at NAMM. All I can say is that they are good people and those basses are to die for.

16. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    It was cool that everyone came by and thanks to those that stopped to say HI.

We had a great show and really appreciate the friendships we make every year at the NAMM show. Its truly a vacation (only one we get) for Chris and I to see so many friends and customer's face to face.

Sorry about that Pic, its was all in fun since Hippie was stealing my baby. I ended up having to adopt another bass in the booth since he wouldn't stop begging...... ;)

Thanks Guys..... oh and thanks for dinner JT, but your wife is invited next time only, not you..... at least she can finish are fish burrito :bag:

17. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Man I tell ya...I came so close to buying that flamejob. It would be right here with me if I hadn't blown all my $$$ buying inventory this year.

18. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    yea, its tuff to weigh what you need for inventory verse what you want for yourself....... heck just ask Lowell, he took advantage of me :rolleyes:

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Sooooooo who here wants to help fund my Benavente? Anyone? :D oh well...lovely instruments, I hope to play one someday

Ray

20. Benavente

Benavente

Aug 14, 2002
    Oregon
    I'd like to thank everybody for coming out. And It's a real shame that the flame paint SC didn't sell. Now I guess I'll have to keep it; next to my other flamed SC. Oh well, I'll try to get over it :D ...... See ya'll in Indy in July, now back to work for me....