TRADED Benavente PJ5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Adam Wright, Sep 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ash/maple PJ 5 string built by Chris Benavente.
    34" scale
    1 3/4" nut
    18mm string spacing
    Ulyate pickups
    Hipshot hardware
    3 tone sunburst finish
    Passive
    9.8lbs
    Comes with Fender gig bag
    Bass is a year old

Chris is a bass building Gawd and this is a perfect example of his expertise. No parts and he even does his own finish(which is beautifully done). I already have another PJ 5 of his and I don't really play a lot of 5 string to begin with. Bass gets super low action and sounds great. For those that don't know, Chris built the LEJ jazz basses for many years. These are as nice as any Sadowsky/Lull/Alleva.

Bass is in very good condition. Tried to document some of the dings/scratches but they really don't pick up.

Paid $2350 new

Looking for 4 string only trades. P, J, or PJ style basses preferred. Also interested in Rics and hollow-bodies. Willing to add cash for the right trade or take cash+bass. Love me some AVRI basses.

Would ideally trade up towards a Fender CS P or J with cash added as needed.

No 5, 6 strings, and no Ibanez/Warwick/hippie sandwich basses please.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    That is gorgeous.

3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Man if I was looking for a fiver id be on this.

4. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Benavente are some of the best built, and best playing basses I've ever owned. Chris is one of the better craftsmen in the business.

Susqmike likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021