Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente SC 4 Fretless just arrived!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zonwon, Nov 20, 2003.

1. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    Benavente SC4 showed up this morning! This is the first single cut bass I have ever played. I cannot believe how comfortable, light, and well balanced this bass is. 35" scale. Cluster Burl full top w/ tequila sunrise finish. Mahogany body. Aero jazz pups w/ Benavente preamp. Fretless Macc Ebony board. What a beauty![​IMG]

2. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
  3. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
  4. Man that is gorgeous! :hyper:

I love that color. I like most colors in the gold-red-brown family. I guess that's why I like sunburst so much.

She is a beauty, Zonwon. Good luck with her.

Mike

5. Jazzmanescg

Jazzmanescg

Apr 7, 2003
    France
    what about the sound ?
    Are U satisfied of preamp ?

6. I'm not too fond of the top wood, or the colour, but apart from that it's a beauty. Enjoy!

7. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    I have not had the chance to plug it in yet. I received the bass at work. I do have the same preamp in a 219B and I love it. They are fantastic preamps.

8. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Oh my! What a beaut! Well done dude. You must be dying to get that thing home. Can't wait to hear how it sounds.

9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Nice! Be sure not to drive over this one! :D

10. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    Thanks Steve. I was trying to forget. At the time I was thinking, "please be my dog".

11. zonwon

zonwon

Jan 21, 2003
    Michigan
    Well I got home and plugged it in to an Ashdown ABM 300 head, a Thunderfunk head, and an Epifani 3-10 cab. It is a keeper. I truely could not ask for a better bass. I was using a Pedulla Buzz bass which is also a fantastic bass but very limited e.q. This Benavente just sings. I cannot say enough about the feel of the neck. That is what originally sold me on these basses. But the balance is also perfect.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  13. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new Bennie!!! You should be VERy happy. :D

14. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Santa Clara, CA.
    Manager: AccuGroove Speakers
    What a striking color & top & what a gorgeous bass.

Congrats....
    Mark

AccuGroove

15. Dude, that's cruel considering he is handling it with dignity. :)

Now if you want to talk about undignified... I was taking a swig of pop when I saw your post and almost puked it out through my nose. That could've been truly painful. Ow.

Anyhow, truly beautiful bass Zonwon! Congrats.

16. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL...just ribbing ya Keith!

Now I'm just waiting on the rest of the crew to chime in...I have pretty good odds from Hippie and Cheezewizz! :D

My turtle is the one with the red dot on it's shell...Hippie has blue and Wizzer's has green then there's the free agent out there as well.

[​IMG]

17. Slammer

Slammer

Feb 12, 2003
    USA, New York
    Very nice bass.....enjoy it man....you have to love the neck profiles on these basses, they just sit right in your hand.:bassist:

18. tboyd

tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Excellent. Glad you love it. I just checked your band's schedule. Too bad y'all aren't playing Christmas week. I am going to be in Dearborn visiting the parents. It woulda been cool to see (and hear)the new axe live.

19. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Wicked looking bass man! I love the look of Benavente SC's(and the feel too;) )!

20. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    What do you call that grain pattern between the pickups?