1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Benavente SCD!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by caesarbass, Jun 14, 2007.

1. malicous

malicous

Apr 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Wow! Those clips sound great. Your bass sounds as good as it looks. Good show!

2. Thanks malicious!!! :D

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Great bass Caesar!

You know I played a couple gigs the night I received my SCD from Chris (the first time), with it tuned B-G and the B really leveled the room. I really wasn't expecting to have that massive impact.

... I have been toying with the idea of going back to B-G, currently I have been having fun with the E-C for chords and heads of tunes. Most likely if I change it back to B-G, I'll tend to bring it out to more rowdy bar settings, where it can get dinged up quick. I barely bring it to a 1/4 of the gigs I play now, so it has stayed pretty mint.

Enjoy that bass, those clips sound amazing.

Chris is a talented cat and a mad-man-perfectionist-machine when it comes to building, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is doing all of the Standards himself as well. What makes them standard and keeps them affordable, is that there aren't any crazy custom option allowed.

4. Thanks J-Raj!!! The low B is amazing!! I can't givie it up! I am playing it today at a wedding and tomorrow at a church gig. I am definitely going to be very particular about where I take the Benavente, bars might not be my first choice, although i hear that Benaventes are "chick magnets!" :D

5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    ...it might have something to do with the sexy shape, or that B-string!

:smug:

6. Just a little update:
    I used the Benavente on a casual Sat. night and a church gig this morning, Sun., and I'm going to be using it on a session a little later today. This is one of the best basses I've ever had the pleasure of owning. it is SUPER versatile, I think that's what i love so much about it, it is also a PLAYERS' dream.
    I'll keep y'all posted!!!

7. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    It's a beauty! I realy like both benavente SC designs.
    I want an SCD with a solid black gloss finish. I think that would smoke!

8. I say GET ONE!!! Hahaha!!!
    An SCD solid black would be pretty awesome!!
    Thanks!! :D :bassist: :p

9. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    I want to hear clips of you playing that monstrosity on your avatar, which is still the greatest in the whole bass kingdom, IMHO.

Absolutely freakin' hilarious, man. I crack up every time I see it.

C.

10. So how would you A/B your Benevante to your Low End?

11. That's a very sexy bass, congrats from a fellow Benavente enthousiast! :hyper:

12. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    Hey Steve,
    the clips sound great! I can't wait to see that bass in person!

13. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Very snazzy indeed!

14. *smb

*smb

Nov 26, 2006
    I was just looking at these on their website - damn nice bass! One day I will have one of these

15. Sorry it took so long to answer you but here goes:
    I love both basses, I guess in a nutshell, the LEJ is a J-bass on super steroids, very tight and focused tonewise with great lows but definitely more on the mid/j-bass side, and the construction is A+, it's one of the most solid feeling instruments I've had. The Benavente is pure refinement, it just "fits" me perfectly, and I wouldn't change anything about it, it has a very organic bottom end and a very evenness to it, it has a SUPER low B, it is super tight and focused but in a very musical manner, I can hit a low D or a low C in a tune and it doesn't sound like I'm playing the B string, if that makes any sense, and the construction is AAAAAA+++++. Both are super versatile but I'd have to give the edge to the Benavente, it can go from passive growly to P-bass like bottom with a little eq adjustment.
    I'll keep updating the more I play the Benavente.
    :D :bassist:

16. The pics don't do it justice!!!
    Thanks Bob!!!!

17. This is me at a recent session, I think this might be my "Benavente OH-face!!"
    th_Steve_Studo02_1.jpg
    th_Steve_Studo01_1.jpg

18. mikoespanol

mikoespanol

Aug 20, 2005
    Southern CA
    Congrats on the SCD Steve! Great clips too. Now we gotta meet up and jam one day.

Enjoy!

Miko

19. I agree!!! We are both in the O.C., I think a bass hang is in order!! I'm bummed I couldn't go to the TalkBass LA GTG, it was the only day that I actually had a "daytime" gig, we could have at least met face to face.
    I'll pm you my e-mail address and we'll be in touch.
    Thanks Miko!! :D

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021