1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Benavente SCD5 Stolen 6/28/07 Atlanta, Fuzzy's bar

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by j-raj, Jun 29, 2007.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
  2. Yvon

Yvon

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I just read about it in the basses forum.
    I'm very sorry for your lost. I don't know how I would feel if my Lecompte was stolen.
    Good luck.

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh jai, tha'ts aweful. i'll keep an eye out.

4. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Wow, that's a complete drag :(

Hopefully it'll turn up .... that's a distinctive looking bass and isn't exactly going to blend in with the generic-looking bass crowd. Hope the recovery is quick .... :cool:

5. Jaye

Jaye

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I don't usually like to wish harm on people but if whomever took that were to get hit by a truck I think that would be just fine.

Best of luck on getting it back, it's gorgeous.

6. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks guys... Here are some add'l specs on it:
    2007 Benavente SCD 5 string bass
    Flamed Redwood Top
    34 inch Scale
    Mahogany Body
    Hipshot Tuners and Bridge (w/Detuner)
    Wenge and Maple 5 piece Neck
    Macassar Ebony fingerboard and Pick up Covers

7. That bass is gorgeous.

Real sorry for your loss, but that bass is one of a kind and if the bastard tries to sell it online it'd be found quick, one would hope.

How exactly did it get stolen? Were you loading up and them walked away for a sec?

8. budman

budman Commercial User

Oct 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Owner/builder of LeCompte Electric Bass
    Awe, man! That sucks. I'm hurtin' for you. I've seen it in person so if it finds itself making it's way down I-10 I'll know what to look for.

9. OMG, that really, really sucks. i cannot imagine how bad that must be. I saw your craigslist add and was just floored.

It's a beautiful and unique instrument, so it should be difficult for them to unload, especially around here. We'll be on the look-out. Here's to hoping it finds it's way home soon (where it belongs).

10. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thanks guys, everybody has been real helpful and supportive.

$1250 Reward for info leading to the recovery of this bass!
    ***thanks to CT&Birdsong and Scatterblak for their contribution to my initial reward***

11. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    That must really suck, i've never even seen a expensive bass and by seeing it (not even looking at the name/model can tell that it is a bass worth breaking knees for (not condoning the breaking of knees in any way))

You should put a ad in the paper saying Paying XXXX amount (3 times what you paid) for the bass and see if the stupid burgler will see it and call, then get the address go over there with a few buddise and proceed to kick the......call the police.

12. Brad Maestas

Brad Maestas Sono est omnia Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 26, 2003
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Luthier and Instrument Tech at Kala Brand Music Co.
    So sorry to hear about this. I hope you get your bass back!
    What happened?

Can't stand thieves. :rollno:

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    Brad,

I put the bass back in the car during a set break, due to limited space on that gig, all members have to put cases and gig bags in cars (since I had one bass with me, the other one was in the Dbl-bag)... Granted, I have an alarm, tinted out windows and there was a narrow window of oppt'y. The thieves smashed the window, grabbed CD's and Palm Pilot and Bass in bag.

here's a link to rest of the description and contact info:
    http://jairaj.net/Photos/Gear/BenaventeSCD5.htm

14. iceshaft07

iceshaft07

Mar 4, 2007
    I feel awful for you. It's like everything just got real silent. I'm in another state, but I will absolutely keep an eye out for it online.

I hope for the best.

15. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Check ebay. The thief will probably try to sell it there.
    Sorry for your loss.

16. Randy W Lopez

Randy W Lopez Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2003
    Dearborn Heights, MI
    Endorsing Artist-MESA BOOGIE
    Eye's are open at this end of the world. Players have a pretty good network up here. If its around town, we'll find it.

17. We will keep a look out for it up here in philly it,s a pretty tight knit group around here as well.:eyebrow:

18. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was jst told that the reward money has gotten to $1250, So I updated my link and this thread.

19. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. I will keep an eye out for it. As a suggestion make sure you post a reward and picture in the area it was stolen. I am sure they told others what they have done and when there friends and associates see the bass and reward they may call and turn him in. I am truly sorry for what you are experiencing now.

20. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    What kind of idiot would steal such a thing as this? It is so distinctive that no one could use it on stage anywhere near where you are (and with forums like this, potentially anywhere at all) without severe risk of being caught.

Did you post the serial number? I didn't see it in either thread; maybe I just missed it.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021