Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente Singlecut fretless SCB-5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jobu3, Aug 28, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I REALLY don't want to sell it but if someone really wanted to buy it, I think I could part with it and still be able to live with myself... :meh:

Woods: Buckeye burl top with matching headstock, pick-up covers and knobs; mahogany body, 35" scale three piece maple neck-through, unlined ebony board.

Electronics: Benavente slimline humbuckers, Active/Passive preamp with boost bass, cut/boost treble and midrange. Volume/Blend set up. Piezo bridge with separate volume.

Black hardware, recessed strap locks, Incase semi-hardshell case with foam wedges to keep the bass intact. It's currently strung with TI Flats but I will also throw in the SIT silencers it came with for maximal mwah.

The bass is in mint condition. It looks, plays, and sounds like sex. It thumps, mwahs, and does a convincing upright. I absolutely adore this bass and do not want to see it go but I have a closing on this coming Wednesday for some land I am buying and have to put in quite a bit of extra money into some things needed for my quickly advancing business so I could really use some extra cash if it were to come my way. I've really been much too busy to play and it's a damned shame because it is too remarkable a bass in every aspect to just sit there.

I will accept $2675 shipped to the 48 (ONLY) for this and not a dollar lower. Paypal is fine but I will not cover the extra fees. I have no problem keeping this bass for a rainy day when I can play more but if someone wants to save a year or so off having one built (and well over $1000) so be it. Again, price is very firm. No trades unless you have a 7x7 sound-proof audiology booth and audiometer with all the go-withs to trade (+cash of course)... :p ;)

Email me with questions/offers at: bluesbass145AThotmailDOTcom. Please include your TB user name somewhere in the body of your email.

Pictures (from start to finish):
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=4393075&uid=2208240&members=1

2. Joe, if that would be a 6er I'll be all over it.

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It takes a Benavente player to be able to appreciate one! ;)

4. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    You selling this makes me sad. This bass is one of the basses I used as a point of reference for my new stambaugh. :bawl:

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I'm not happy about it either in the least and a huge part of me doesn't want it to sell at all... It is still the best damned bass in the world as far as I'm concerned. :meh: :scowl: I should jack the price up a bit... ;)

EDIT: No longer for sale. :smug: :rollno: