Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente videos

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChiliPepper, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Al on his own and the Al & Chuck Rainey one are both very cool... It was great to see Chucky's technique up-close and personal and Al can do some crazy stuff on that nine!!!

Some of those Misc ones weren't really jiving too well at times but that was more the players than the basses, which were very sweet.

I just can't wait for some of my fretless (due Tuesday) to get up! (hint hint) :cool:

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Sigh.........

Doesn't anyone play grooving basslines without 32nd notes or
    thwackita thwackita anymore?

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    we thought you had that covered.... it was your turn, wasn't it?

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    When will it ever be my turn?! :bawl: :help:

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I'm waiting on another tape for more Video's. We were so busy I didn't have time to video and someone actually used my camera some of the time as well as his. Once I get his tape I'll get it cut and posted. Some of the Video's I did, were just to show variations of the basses and tone, not for licks......

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Half-kidding on the vids of my bass... ;)

Those guys are probably better than I am... It's just hard to tell when they are both playing. :cool:

7. troll

troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    Gee, that cab he's playing on sure looks familiar (glancing over shoulder) yup. :)

Troll

8. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    For a change, my computer and thelowend's website dont get along...cant see the videos! :eyebrow: :crying:

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Mine wasn't matching up the Video and the audio... I upgraded my Real Player to a newer version and they work fine now. :smug:

10. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

Try right clicking and "save as" to your computer. I think the size makes it tuff to stream.

11. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Been there, that "page cannot be displayed" thingie showed up :meh:

12. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    That's pretty cool.

I just don't see why Al doesn't play a double necked guitar/bass thing, or just play guitar... He's basically just playing guitar on a super extended bass. I don't get the concept.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no reason to get down on something you don't "get".... lots of folks didn't "get" Mr. Fender's Precision bass at first either.

:rollno:

14. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I don't get why people don't get it...

I'd rather play a beautiful full-range stringed instrument and have it all in one place than a silly 80's "keytar." I don't get why people still have mullets but I don't knock them for it either... That's just me though. :cool: :ninja:

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

*Saving videos so I can watch them this afternoon*

16. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    What was Al playing through in that video to get all those different sounds?

17. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Something MIDI. Not sure what actual effect though. Maybe Brain Barrett wil lanswer if Al doesn't come along himself. It sounded very realistic whatever it was...

18. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ah
    I guess I can't win here and will stop now. But it really just sounds like a weird guitar, not every note he plays is audible... Until he plays the bass notes, and it sounds like a bass (which is great).

19. Awesome stuff!!! The MIDI is wild.