Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Benavente Vortex 5 soundclips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ari, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I am putting my Vortex 5 for sale so I figured it would be a good excuse to record some soundclips!

[​IMG]

"Digging in" fingerstyle
    50% bass boost, mids and treble set to neutral, both pickups full

The Chicken
    50% bass boost, mids set to neutral, treble rolled off, bridge pickup only

"Cold Sweat style" groove
    If you remember the infamous "blind test", this is the same fingerstyle bassline.

Slap

Walking bass
    50% bass boost, mids set to neutral, treble rolled off, neck pickup only

2. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks for your comment! I personnally think it's not clean enough but oh well.

3. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Bump for more comments. How do you guys like the tone of this bass?

4. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Very nice tone Ari! Almos Jaco-ish mid-growl with a fullness and modern edge. Beautiful Bass. Whay are you selling it?

Which Pickups are those? Aero's, or Benavente Suhr? Which Preamp is on the bass and what is tone control configuration? Master vol? or Dual Volume?

5. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Thanks! Pickups are custom DiMarzio dual coils. The bass was originally equipped with the early benavente preamp, and I must admit the sound was not to my liking. Brian Barett was kind enough to send me a U-Retro preamp, and JP installed it. This has greatly improved the sound and I think it sounds great now. It is fitted with a Master vol & Balance setup.

Only reason I am selling it is because I have too many basses and I need the money!

Ari

6. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    Sounds as smooth as the yogurt it looks like! :D

That might be my fave looking Benavente for the top alone.

7. lx_night

lx_night

Sep 3, 2008
    Oklahoma city
    are you still selling the vortex? I am very interested email me at lx_night@yahoo.com